Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cashflow problems ;-)

Options
  • 11-12-2011 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,483 ✭✭✭✭

Just curious how you play the game so that you generate cash

I have

an IS (IS3 researched)
    M7 (M4Sherman researched)
    VK3601
    Grille
    M12

Happy to stick with M12, hard to make money on the IS but I like playing it. I ve forgotten now which of my prior vehicles were good cash generators. Is there much point going for the IS3?
    over the next couple of months is it worth waiting for their offers where the IS3 might be half price etc?

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Well first step is get a premium account and a premium tank but skipping those options I'd recommend a KV with the 107mm. It is OP for it's tier and you're bound to make cash on it. Also keep in mind you earn money based on damage done; killing a tank with 1hp earns you 1 damage point worth of cash.

Normally I'd also recommend arty but with the upcoming nerf that's a bit touch and go honestly after the patch.

I'd also not expect the IS-3 to make it on to the discount list simply because it's tier 8. Usually their offers relate to T3 to T6/7 only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Shidosha

I don't normally play on premium (have it at the moment through free offers and so on).

I'd definitely recommend getting a KV (and if you do it fast enough you might get bonus out of it when 7.0 arrives). You can make great money with it with either of its top guns: The 107mm is about the best gun available in Tier 5 (it's a Tier 7 gun) - it can penetrate damn near anything so you're not useless when you're at the bottom of the roster, it's got good accuracy and it's powerful enough to 1-shot anything lower tier than you are. The 152mm does a colossal amount of damage, only ever load it with HE rounds. It's superb when you're low on the roster because anything you hit instantly generates lots of money.

What I really like is that the two guns make the KV feel very different with just a quick weapon swap, so you can switch things around if you feel like it. Get your crew up to 100% and it's a monster credit-maker. Any game where you land even a hit or two will rake in lots of silver for you. Lots of people keep a KV in their garage for just this reason.

It's generally trickier to keep a regular profit on high-level tanks. Tier 5 seems to be the sweet spot in terms of cash generation. The KV is the classic option, but I've heard good things about the M4 Sherman and the T1 heavy. Personally I also find the StuG III a good cash-maker. Tier 4 SPGs are also usually pretty good, so your Grille should be a reasonable money-maker.

Check out the offers listed in the other threads here too. You should be able to pick up one of the Tier 3 premium tanks for free. I've been running around in the T-127, it's great, got a good gun and its front armour seems to be really good. As a Tier 3 you generally end up with everyone else at about the same level, so you can just trundle about smashing people up. It's not hard to make 10k silver a game with the T-127.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,483 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

I had the KV before, might go back to it and dump the IS, thanks for the tip.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LostCorkGuy

Has the Russian tech tree changed with the 7.0 patch ? I thought they were leaving that out until the new year ? If it has changed i really need to buy back the kv quickly !

I find my kv 3 with the 122m gun makes a load of credits , 43000 on a good match with premium 3500 for repairs and 7-8000 for ammo , so non premium would prob be 20000 profit ? But then a bad match with misses could get you a loss
    Tier 5 I'd say kv with derp gun + rammer !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

No tech trees are being changed until 2012.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 BIE.Ryaner

I've a T-34-85 (Tier 6) seems to be a sweet spot for cash for me at least.

Play that and my IS3 (which loses me money on a lost battle) nearly at IS4. I've a few elite tanks for xp transfer but I'm nearly out of gold for the transfers. I might treat myself for christmas and get some gold in to push through to IS7 over the next while.

but I think general consensus is Tier 5-6 is the best silver/credit making point in the game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

It is also very dependant on which tank you're comfortable with for playstyle; an IS-3 will lose me money but with an IS-4 (both fully upgraded) I'm likely to go slightly positive over time simply because the IS-4 suits me better (this is on premium account status but the point still stands :) ).

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭mercenary2

def get prem its worth it i had same probs with is-3 never had prem untill b-ie found me then never went back,now every battle generates me silver bar the odd tier 10 loss

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

mercenary2 wrote: »
    def get prem its worth it i had same probs with is-3 never had prem untill b-ie found me then never went back,now every battle generates me silver bar the odd tier 10 loss

I remember you struggling away with your non-prem account at first! I was actually flabbergasted at how you'd grinded to an IS-4 without premium!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭mercenary2

long nights worn out keboard and a lack of s.x thats how , oh and dont forget the maxwell house... :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭stas

Stug with 100mm loading HE only does the trick for me. Also IS-3 on the premium seems to be earning well (when played right that is).

Advertisement