Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Money saving tips

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

44leto wrote: »
    Get a peugeot 207 diesel, 104 road tax, spacious, nifty and unbelievable MPG I mean jaw dropping economy, I beginning to suspect someone is topping it up with diesel when I am in bed.

It actually feels like I have free motoring.

Until the thing packs up or gets all sorts of strange and expensive to repair problems.

I havn't a good word to say about a Peugeot ending with the number 7 and I'd be fierce weary of very small diesel engines in cars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

Best way I find of saving money is only using notes when paying for stuff then dumping the coins into a jar. I rooted out just the €2 coins out of my change vault the other week and got 700 out of it. Probably have another couple hundred in €1 and odd change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

murphm45 wrote: »
    How do you manage this?! it went up to 160 i the Budget last year!!!! (Sorry i couldn't help it)

Might i counter suggest walking or even perhaps public transport!!

That all I paid in November. So I got in there just in time, but I now know my next will cost me 160:(. Its still better then the 600 or there abouts I use to pay.

I cycle as well but my job is 20 miles from were I live and Public transport to my job would be purgatory, but I do cycle to it in summertime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

eth0 wrote: »
    Until the thing packs up or gets all sorts of strange and expensive to repair problems.

I havn't a good word to say about a Peugeot ending with the number 7 and I'd be fierce weary of very small diesel engines in cars

That is a worry, but its a 11 so that shouldn't strike for a while, but then again I might be lucky and have a reliable one fingers crossed, but so far I am delirious about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

syklops wrote: »
    Its not bad advice, but don't forget to SAVE the money you save from all that thriftiness. Dont leave it in your current account or you will spend it all on Amazon one late stormy night after a few glasses of Pinot Noir.
    Eever wrote: »
    Wash your hair in cold water?? That sounds horrible!
    Its really fine..
    I don't drink much or shop online but damn I try not to blow my budget by shopping hungry or going to a convience store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Mollyd90

when cooking turn off the gas/oven a few minutes early when cooking something that doesnt need a specific temperature, the food will finish cooking in the boiled water/own juices for the last few minutes.

follow the freebies thread in bargin alerts forum - i got free toothbrushes and sample size toothpaste and cereal recently.

close the curtains at night when you have the fire lighting or heating on to keep the heat in

OP how are you getting on, what have you taken on board??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

Go to Courtown for your holidays...you get your drinks for free and loads of sex....so my sister told me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

pebbles21 wrote: »
    Go to Courtown for your holidays...you get your drinks for free and loads of sex....so my sister told me!

She was your sister ?:eek:

Advertisement