Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does any body knows which airline can take the pet into ireland please?help help!!!

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 diandian

Aseth wrote: »
    Why not? You hear all the stories about airlines misplacing the luggage... ;)

On a serious note though - yes, They have your address and I'd say you can contact the courier directly. You can go together with your pet if you want.
    I wouldn't be comfortable with my cats on board of a plane - I think it would be much more stressful for them than traveling by car.
    yes~I know they will lost the luggage sometimes.do I have to accompany the pet?cause I live in ireland and cat is import from poland.and I have to get the visa to go there~~

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Em; you'd really want to check this out properly with the department of agriculture ( I think its them).A pet travelling into Ireland requires either to spend 6 months in quarantine at your expense in the official state quarantine centre ; or the new rules are that it has to be checked and pet passport & tick tested and approved before being allowed out of it's cage at lissenhall vets in Swords ( fee: e200). it also needs to be rabies tested in advance of bring granted a rabies free cert - the pet passport. this has to be done months in advance of travelling as it requires the injections, a waiting period for the injection to work, and then the pet has to be tested to make sure the injection is effective: this is done through labs in the UK and there can bs waiting lists for results and delays.
    Get a Named official to send you the current material . Don't leave it to chance or you might loose your pet. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭Aseth

diandian wrote: »
    yes~I know they will lost the luggage sometimes.do I have to accompany the pet?cause I live in ireland and cat is import from poland.and I have to get the visa to go there~~

From what I read you don't have to go with it.
    Anyway this is one of several pages I found after brief googling:
    http://www.transpet.co.uk/

It's not the page I've seen but there seems to be a few.
    And from what I heard you really don't need quarantine or any vet visits, just make sure your pet has a pet passport, a chip and all vaccinations. You should consult your vet - they should know best(that's what I did).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

Em; you'd really want to check this out properly with the department of agriculture ( I think its them).A pet travelling into Ireland requires either to spend 6 months in quarantine at your expense in the official state quarantine centre ; or the new rules are that it has to be checked and pet passport & tick tested and approved before being allowed out of it's cage at lissenhall vets in Swords ( fee: e200). it also needs to be rabies tested in advance of bring granted a rabies free cert - the pet passport. this has to be done months in advance of travelling as it requires the injections, a waiting period for the injection to work, and then the pet has to be tested to make sure the injection is effective: this is done through labs in the UK and there can bs waiting lists for results and delays.
    Get a Named official to send you the current material . Don't leave it to chance or you might loose your pet. :(

This is all misleading and in some parts completely wrong information - you don't even know what government department you're talking about. Don't scaremonger people before checking your facts. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Yes: as said you'd want to check what department is now in charge & get a named official to sign off on it. THe information available when I last checked on the government site was over two years out of date. However the OP seems to really care for her/ his pet & want it with them. They didn't seem to know anything about the pet passport & regulations around rabies, tick checking, UK lab processing etc. Personally I'd rAther highlight these items that have them loose their pet through ignorance or have it destroyed because of illegal smuggling/ couriering without papers across multiple Borders . Regardless of your personal Likes/dislikes this would seem to be a priority, for the cat and owner; who seems to care about it a lot.

The lissenhall fees are correct unless thy have gone up from e200 recently. I don't think the OP knew about this either. Or would you prefer they stuck their head in the sand until they were presented with this bill too & might not have the funds to cover it?
    Ques for rabies tests results were at three months when I last
    Checked in September; of course they might be longer now ; this is the basis for the granting if a pet passport; the OP has never heard if thus & wants their pet to be shipped to travel without quarantine next month....

It's a disaster waiting to happen.
    If it were my pet Id rather someone gave me the full picture rather then optimistic fragments That could cost Me my pet.

• Advertisement
Advertisement