Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

As a ww2 nut...

Options
  • 11-12-2011 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭

I was wondering, how does the jagtigers 128cm gun stand up in the game, and how does anything stand a chance against it?

IMG_0332-1.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,349 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

276mm of penetration means it's going through pretty much everything. And it's accurate at distance as anyone moving on the opposite ridge on El Halluf has found out.

If anyone's curious, that's the Jagdtiger at Bovington. On the ground to the right is the only example of a Schmalturm. The one there was used for target practice and is in a bad way. I'll stick up some pics of my own later from this years Tankfest.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭k99_64

And the videos please! I can put up mine from last year

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,349 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

k99_64 wrote: »
    And the videos please! I can put up mine from last year

The videos I have are pretty poor and very distant.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

k99_64 wrote: »
    I was wondering, how does the jagtigers 128cm gun stand up in the game, and how does anything stand a chance against it?

If I'm hitting you from the side you won't stand a chance but at distance and with curved armor a lot of shots will bounce off (esp against other T9 TDs).

The gun is great but camo is zero so once I fire, you can see me and fire back and if you're smart you'll aim for the big where the sign is as it's only 100mm thick. So I'll get 1 shot off, be spotted and arty tracks/kills me. On a map with no arty I'd be disappointed to get less than 4 kills.

• Advertisement

Schmalturm

DSC00170_thumb.jpg

JagdTiger side on

DSC00168_thumb.jpg

Conway, a Centurion with 183mm gun.

DSC00188_thumb.jpg

King Tiger with "Porsche" turret, showing the length of the 88mm L71

DSC00181_thumb.jpg

A RAM II

DSC00183_thumb.jpg

Tortoise, 80 tonnes with a 30 pounder gun

DSC00126_thumb.jpg

And a small but crappy vid of the Tortoise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭Bus77II

I have a book written by one of the German Tiger ace's and I'm just after realising it was one of these he was complaining about being givin near the end of the war. :) Nothing but complaints he had about it, though I understand why now a little better.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭[DF]Lenny

I bet Diotor could make one better than the original :-)

Advertisement