Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange occurances in Waterford .

Options
  • 11-12-2011 6:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭

I lived and bought a house in Woodlawn grove ( off the Cork road and near the WIT ) ,from late 2005 till early 2008

Many times right through the two and a half years i lived there ,cans of produce from Aldi were thrown into my garden and many times the glass on my Greenhouse was broken .One time they smashed a rear window in the house .These cans of produce were still full and un-opened .
    The house backed on to playing fields owned by the council i think and next to the Waterford glass playing fields .
    It just occured to me to ask on this Forum if anyone ever had a similar experience .
    Since then i sold the house and now live abroad .:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

That's not strange for Waterford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Rich feckers being able to throw away full cans. Did you keep em all and stock them up for christmas?
    I see loads of empty cans around the place alright. Must keep an eye out for the good ones :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

ya should have given em to tawdy and how do, they defo would have appreciated em more than you did

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Why post it here 3 years later?? :p

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Wouldnt call that overly strange. It just sounds like someone didn't want em or they were deliberately trying to bust your green house.

As for giving things to howdo, I genuinly want to give him a can of beer or something for Xmas after seeing the excitement in his face after someone gave him a box of fags during the tall ships festival. Couldn't stop laughing at him.

• Advertisement

dazftw wrote: »

He's only after finishing the lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

I heard they didn't like you a fella told me you were a xxxx, pity cause i'd have bought them off you.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭anto2

Why not ? ....and nobody has an answer so far !:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

guess its just down to a few teenage thugs thinkin it was a laugh who are prob grown up now and gone to oz as there no work here 4 em?

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

Could be people who applied to SVP for help exspecting money and got canned food instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭leduke

anto2 wrote: »
    what do you need an answer for?they were kids with cheap cans and you had a greenhouse! i think its self explanatory!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

An answer to what? Why some lads were throwing canned food at your house 3 years ago?

They either had nothing better to do or you said/did something to them to make them do it.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭chelloveks

An answer to what? Why some lads were throwing canned food at your house 3 years ago?

They either had nothing better to do or you said/did something to them to make them do it.

Ah sure the poor lads had a rough childhood and all .... probably their mums n dads didn't spend enough quality time with them and all so they had to rob a few cans and toss them at someone's private property. Sure let's give em a few bob and a free house and car so they can get their lives together after that terrible treatment in childhood.....

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Godsentme

Nothing strange about that at all at all.

Sure im always buying loads of cans in Aldi and carrying them miles and then just throwin' them away!! Oh! Such fun.:D:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭anto2

>>they were kids with cheap cans and you had a greenhouse!<<

Thats the best answer so far ;-)

>>you said/did something to them to make them do it.<<

No ,i had no arguments with anyone while i lived there .

>>they were kids with cheap cans and you had a greenhouse!<<

Thats the best answer so far ;-)

>>you said/did something to them to make them do it.<<

No ,i had no arguments with anyone while i lived there .
    they knew the resession was getting to everyone so decided to give you a few cans whilst checking what you where growing in the greenhouse

Advertisement