Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keanu Reeves is a top bloke

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

That's why he's always so sad, he feels he's not reaching his generosity potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Tazium

*High Five* that was very gentlemanly of him. Notice also he hasn't got ear buds stuck in his ears.

I'll buy him a pint next time I see him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Pretty_Pistol

At first I thought he kept looking around because he wanted someone to recognise him. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

he's the kind of celebrity I like, keeps to himself mostly and unless he has a movie coming out doesnt do many interviews, compare someone like him to people like the Lohans, Kardashians and other Z listers of the world who try get their mugs in the media every chance they get.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,050 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

RichieC wrote: »
    I like keanu, he was a bit of a socially awkward penguin there too, that's what I'm like offering my seat up too :D
    ha me too....i just end up looking like a freak...I try to say, "excuse me would you like a seat?" but it comes out arseways..,....on the other hand if the women would only meet me halfway ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Even in that video when he's looking around him with that trademark Fast-Moving-Head you know immediately it's him. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

A cool dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

A word of warning......I once gave my train seat to a woman when I had about 40 mins of journey to go, she said thanks, sat down and then got off the next stop at which point a bloke sat down in the now empty seat!!:mad:

Lesson is, if you give up your seat dont go away feeling all gallant, instead hover over the person in case their journey is shorter than yours- if you do it creepily enough their journey always will be....:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

What a nice guy.

I think he may have seen the camera. It doesnt at all take away from the act of kindness in the slightest, but i think he knew that it would be an oppertune way for the internet happy to know him for more than eating a sandwich.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

Always had respect for the guy after hearing about all the generous things he has done.
    He also keeps to himself and doesn't court publicity.

He's not the best actor but there are far worse than him imo.

I also don't really get what the video is about, is it implying that he's a douche for giving up his seat? ****ing really?!

He knows well he's being filmed by the way and is just taking no notice. You don't stay famous for this long without developing the ability to know when someone's got a camera pointed at you, which is a daily occurence for him I'm sure. I'm pretty confident he would have given up his seat anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

Always had respect for the guy after hearing about all the generous things he has done.
    He also keeps to himself and doesn't court publicity.

He's not the best actor but there are far worse than him imo.

I also don't really get what the video is about, is it implying that he's a douche for giving up his seat? ****ing really?!

He knows well he's being filmed by the way and is just taking no notice. You don't stay famous for this long without developing the ability to know when someone's got a camera pointed at you, which is a daily occurence for him I'm sure. I'm pretty confident he would have given up his seat anyway.

I think the douche part comes from the fact that a black guy sits down beside and immedietely afterwards he gives up his seat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭mongoman

Keanu always seemed to be a righteous dude, a cut above the typical celebrity scum.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

mongoman wrote: »
    Keanu always seemed to be a righteous dude, a cut above the typical celebrity scum.

He's Ted FFS, he's awesome and always gonna be pretty righteous! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Spunge wrote: »
    Yeah, 47.

Bastard
    hefferboi wrote: »
    Jaysus he's looking well.

He's immortal.

0031c9xt.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

What a ridebag

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Someone should have asked him where they could get..............................................

the One train.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Now i know what morpheus seen in him

He is the one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

krudler wrote: »
    he's the kind of celebrity I like, keeps to himself mostly and unless he has a movie coming out doesnt do many interviews, compare someone like him to people like the Lohans, Kardashians and other Z listers of the world who try get their mugs in the media every chance they get.

Exactly, an example such as Keira Knightley.
    If she doesn't have a film or play or whatever coming out then you wouldn't hear or see her for months on end.
    You won't see her falling out of pubs, snorting coke etc. Not tabloid friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Class act.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

I always like when celebrities are humble and modest. I really thought he was a great guy after seeing him on the Graham Norton show some time ago.

Dumb asses like Jordan should follow suit...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭jimmyendless

foxyboxer wrote: »
    Exactly, an example such as Keira Knightley.
    If she doesn't have a film or play or whatever coming out then you wouldn't hear or see her for months on end.
    You won't see her falling out of pubs, snorting coke etc. Not tabloid friendly.

She is in ads promoting bottles of stink every f-ing day.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

He also apparently has the ability to give women spontaneous orgasms when he kicks

(Towards the end of the vid)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

I've never really heard anything about him, which is probably a good thing. I never knew he was so generous though, or that he's had such tragedy in his life. What a good guy. New-found respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

I love Keanu. He was Neo for Christ's sake! Add to that Point Break and the Bill and Ted movies and it's gotta be hard not to love the guy. Down-to-earth and movie star don't often go together.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

I love his little beady eyes.

Advertisement