Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A little example of Fiat reliability.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

RoverJames wrote: »
    Still a rotten engine though, hence why fiat binned it for the 1.2 and relied on a 6 speed box to compensate in the larger cars.
    6-speed box only was in the Stilo, not the Bravo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

E39MSport wrote: »
    You'd change your mind if you had to do the rear axle bushings on a Stilo after 80k. What a total pita. Mr. Fiat will quote you c. 1k for the pleasure.
    I think the Stilo wasn't all that fantastic, and the one criticism I would have about Fiat is the parts are expensive. They need to be kicked for that. Other than that, as was said here I'd rather run many of the Fiats out there than most other crap.
    It's true that the Starlet really was fantastically well built. However, I don't have a blue-rinse nor plan on getting one, so I can't see myself driving or owning one ever!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,063 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

All that in 70k miles and then the regular service items on top of that list. . That is terrible. I think you have kicked an own goal there.

No 70k miles, but 120k miles.
    Maybe I didn't wrote it clearly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Tea 1000 wrote: »
    I think the Stilo wasn't all that fantastic, and the one criticism I would have about Fiat is the parts are expensive. They need to be kicked for that. Other than that, as was said here I'd rather run many of the Fiats out there than most other crap.
    It's true that the Starlet really was fantastically well built. However, I don't have a blue-rinse nor plan on getting one, so I can't see myself driving or owning one ever!

;) Must admit - they wouldn't be on the cool wall.

I couldnt give a flying fook though and love their steadfast reliability. Might even get another one in the coming days in case the E39 is off the road over weather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭shamwari

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    I have found FIAT parts to be very cheap and any mechanic I have talked to has said the same thing.
    Largely agree with this. Consumables are relatively cheap alright from the main dealer. Cost of one off components like O2 sensors or engine mounts are way more expensive compared to generic replacements, but then again, not any more expensive than what other marques charge for their geunine spares.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭pcardin

The door handle was a thing that the brava/bravo suffered from, but its cosmetic more then anything and the window and cd changer are things that can and do happen to any brand from Fiat to Ferrari!
    johnos1984 wrote: »
    Better examples are available :p

Yeah, you cold look for some examples from outside the FIAT Group. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭pcardin

My wife has Stilo 1.6 for a 3rd year now and the only thing that required change within past 30 months were bushings. It's great and a very well equiped car which drives super and looks well.

Advertisement