Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Martha and Micky

• 11-12-2011 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

I just wonder, when on earth did they get together?
    I thought I watched all the episodes but clearly I missed something?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,043 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Definitely wasn't on screen on Doctor Who or Torchwood anyway. I haven't seen all the episodes of SJA so don't know if they had a guest spot there or not. Might have happened in a novel/audio play as well, don't follow those either.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Pretty sure it was just a throw away thing to round off the characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Cyndaquil

Although how they got together has never been elaborated on I think there was a scene in Torchwood: Children of Earth where Jack suggests contacting Martha Jones but Gwen says something along the lines of "Don't you there, she's on her honeymoon", so it seems likely that they were married before that point (and when you consider that they only met in Journey's End Mickey must have proposed to her fairly early on in the relationship).

There was speculation that these characters were originally intended to appear in TW:COE, indeed the end of Journey's End hints at their possible recruitment to Torchwood. Maybe RTD originally intended to develop their relationship in Torchwood. Personally I was quite surprised when I saw them together in The End of Time, never saw that one coming!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭skinnygeness

Cyndaquil wrote: »
    Personally I was quite surprised when I saw them together in The End of Time, never saw that one coming!

Thanks for that I thought I had lost some bits :) same here it took me a bit to realise it was mickey with the beard an all and then I was pretty surprised!

Advertisement