Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuesday - Friday windstorms & snow - REPORTS AND CHAT THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

t|nt|n wrote: »
    Witch !! :eek:

:pac:

Build a bridge out of him!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭tzfrantic

what is the chance of snow tonight in cavan and for it to stick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Roads are saturated in Cork this evening and back roads are already glistening.
    I think it could become quite icy down here later on.

Didn't see any gritters out which is a surprise when you consider the councils ordered in enough salt to re-create the sahara desert

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Its as bad as ever here at the moment, no let up. I had to go outside for a few seconds and nearly got knocked for six!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

2 Lows having a tug of war !!!

http://sat24.com/en/eu

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

2 Lows having a tug of war !!!

http://sat24.com/en/eu

Amazing satellite animation.

Like a pair of eyes. Should have gone to specsavers.

Incidentally, you can see more showers approaching from the west. Should make land later in the night

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Yeah was keeping an eye on that, whats your thinking on how far inland they would last ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 MEAN

tzfrantic wrote: »
    what is the chance of snow tonight in cavan and for it to stick
    very good you will have about 2 foot of snow in the morning now off to bed with you

Yeah was keeping an eye on that, whats your thinking on how far inland they would last ?

I would say they could push into the midlands anyway but unlikely to reach southeast or northeast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Indeed going by the Sat showers should pep up later on.
    Kinda ties in with gfs prediction charts too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Not sure if the mean wind is quite as strong but overall its worse than its been at any stage today right now. It's like one of those squally showers with extreme gusts only its been going on for hours now, crazy conditions, really wasn't expecting rain to be a big feature of this storm

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

if it stays windy those showers will just bring rain and sleet but if it calms down for a short period the temperature is low enough to drop enough for some snow inland. on a knifeedge really.

enjoy coz christmas weather looks boring

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭tzfrantic

so anybody know about the snow in cavan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭seanknowsall

Hi all, back after my one day ban. For what?? For being abusive...no, for being nasty to another member...no.... for daring to suggest that the Friday storm wouldnt materialise!! Apparently I was trolling after saying that the model was completely over estimating the scale of the storm. You know there seems to be bit of a clique in this place...you either agree with all they say or your'e out. Well anyway I was right... surely "experienced" meteorologists on here realised that the sheer scale of the forecasted storm was way unrealistic. Well no storm on Friday and any snow confined to highest hills and mountains... I hope those who hyped everyone up feel a little silly now. I probably going to get another ban after posting this but so what... mild and dank Xmas weather wise... its not as if there is any exciting weather to look forward to.

tzfrantic wrote: »
    so anybody know about the snow in cavan

Hard to tell. Depends on how far these showers later in the night push inland, tz. Winds are expected to ease a good deal so showers will end up dissipating before they reach that far inland and north.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭squonk

Heavy soft hail shower in Terryland Galway just now. Ground is white!

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭davidsr20

Boards weather is very boring since last year :( all we have is treads on stupid wind the last week,where's all our snow treads gone lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

Pangea wrote: »
    Its as bad as ever here at the moment, no let up. I had to go outside for a few seconds and nearly got knocked for six!

Same as that Pangea, very wild here I could hardly open the car door. Lot drier though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Heaviest hail shower we had all day just now galway city everywhere is white :)

http://www.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp

More showers now appearing on the sw edge of the radar. There should be a good bit of activity in 2-3hrs or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

Nothing more than a breeze in Greystones today.:( Has it missed us here or have the winds not reached us yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Vizual Pics

ME reports recent snow at Belmullet, 6C, 56Knot Gusts...could be a fun night ahead!

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

cotton wrote: »
    Nothing more than a breeze in Greystones today.:( Has it missed us here or have the winds not reached us yet?
    Hmm, I was in greystones and thought the wind was quite strong. It sure created a cool blizzard affect with the snow at 9am. Didn't stick but heavy for 15 minutes and looked great in the wind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Well no storm on Friday and any snow confined to highest hills and mountains.

I had lying snow this morning (not very much, but lying snow all the same) at an incredible 44m asl. Not exactly a high hill now is it?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

whats going on up in the north, is that all snow?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,429 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Was anyone up in the Roundwood/Annamoe/Laragh area today, wonder if there was much snow laying there?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

Jimjay wrote: »
    Hmm, I was in greystones and thought the wind was quite strong. It sure created a cool blizzard affect with the snow at 9am. Didn't stick but heavy for 15 minutes and looked great in the wind.

Yep, I saw it, it as amazing.:) My point though is that nothing has really happened since then & was wondering if it's yet to come tonight, given I thought the main event was this afternoon/evening. Or mabey I've read it wrong.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭fizzycyst

I had lying snow this morning (not very much, but lying snow all the same) at an incredible 44m asl. Not exactly a high hill now is it?!

I know it's hard to resist, but the more you feed them, the more they persist.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭monkey 456

What i want to know is will it snow again in dublin?! Plz reply... And answer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

cotton wrote: »
    Yep, I saw it, it as amazing.:) My point though is that nothing has really happened since then & was wondering if it's yet to come tonight, given I thought the main event was this afternoon/evening. Or mabey I've read it wrong.:confused:

if precip was coming from the east ye would normally get plastered in snow..
    this time its comin from the west , and showers usually tend to break up around the midlands , a few might make it further east.

noone knows for sure if its goin to make it there , jus keep an eye on http://www.raintoday.co.uk/ an watch the showers crossing from west to east direction !!!

Advertisement