Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuesday - Friday windstorms & snow - REPORTS AND CHAT THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

monkey 456 wrote: »
    What i want to know is will it snow again in dublin?! Plz reply... And answer

Unfortunately not I'm afraid :(

We're going to keep all future snow fall for the South and West of the country ;):P:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

The pub run makes Sunday, SNOWDAY!

Of course it'll be gone by the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭mojopolo

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    whats going on up in the north, is that all snow?

Just heavy gusts here in Belfast but dry - interested to know if anything is coming our way.

Checked net weather but nobody is posting which makes me think there's not too much going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

NIALL D wrote: »
    if precip was coming from the east ye would normally get plastered in snow..
    this time its comin from the west , and showers usually tend to break up around the midlands , a few might make it further east.

noone knows for sure if its goin to make it there , jus keep an eye on http://www.raintoday.co.uk/ an watch the showers crossing from west to east direction !!!

Thanks for that! Makes more sense now. Will keep a close eye on it.
    Fecking sunny south east.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

The main event has already passed, the east coast was never forecast for anything too severe

Still no change here, horizontal driving rain and strong gusts

• Advertisement

davidsr20 wrote: »
    Boards weather is very boring since last year :( all we have is treads on stupid wind the last week,where's all our snow treads gone lol

I dunno if its all that boring somehow.

As I look now, there are 359 people looking at the weather section :eek:

The weather has been like a roller coaster and we're all here for the ride. Its great fun getting all anxious and anticipating what may come. Mainly hopes are dashed but ocassionaly a dream may come true....

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

Tactical wrote: »
    I dunno if its all that boring somehow.

As I look now, there are 359 people looking at the weather section :eek:

The weather has been like a roller coaster and we're all here for the ride. Its great fun getting all anxious and anticipating what may come. Mainly hopes are dashed but ocassionaly a dream may come true....

So true.
    You know what they say, the chase is better than the catch!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Cork the coldest part of the country at 22:00
    Showers brewing too, I bet a surprise or 2 for the morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭premiercad

big showers developing now of the kerry/clare coast...but showers of what??;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Unfortunately probably showers of rain or hail. As long as it doesn't freeze as roads will be lethal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

premiercad wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

premiercad wrote: »
    Drove from Cork to Kerry an hour ago and the snow was just about settling on the top of the "County Bounds" and a temp of 1.5, was milder by a few degrees by Killarney and nothing on the ground even a km from the top, gritters were out too so think its marginal for most bar higher elevations unless!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Does anyone know how the south west will fair out tomorrow? Today was ok just cold hail showers and bita wind nothing major!

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

some fine showers movin in from the west now , should be snow soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

It's been dry a while here in Co Waterford (West-ish), and 190masl, there is a very stiff frost on the cars already, a bit worrying for the drive down the hill tomorrow as the roads are of course still very wet. A little layer of snow on top would actually go down well with me, there's a bit more grip to it than glassy ice.

We get nice little gusts and horizontal rain sometimes here, and I get my bit of snow because I'm higher up, but the North West posters have me longing for the wildness out there.
    Ah well, here's hoping for a good summer in the sunny South East, so we can get youse Donegal people back with our tropical heat and sun :P.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

looking not so good for tomorrow, i will never get my outside rope lights up for christmas, if it keeps this up

When is this going to end? Rain is about an inch from coming in the back door at the moment, still pouring down and there's a seemingly endless stream of rain on the radar. Lucky I sorted out the drains last week or I'd be underwater but after 12 hours the water is rising quickly now

According to tonight's NAE there's another 30mm to fall yet in places in the north west, surprised at the lack of warning over the rain

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭kingshankly

great drying weather here in the north east

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Cant wait for the possible friday storm to pass by us it was interesting at first with the uncertainty now im just sick of hearing about :mad: it wouldnt surprise me if at the last minute it changed again and flatten ireland :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

There was thunder here about an hour ago. Now it's snowing. Could I not have had both at the same time? :( Its too wet for the snow to stick anyway, rained buckets here for a while! Still a bit of wind too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,513 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Looks to me like the Wednesday p.m. system will be another witches' brew of phase change precip but as Harps says, some heavy rainfalls in low elevations, and I'll add some nasty hail sleet and snow in some higher parts, with the background theme of a slowly rising rain-snow line until 1500h or so when the short wave crosses the coastline, then back to more of a wintry theme as freezing levels come back down.

This system is energetic although not really a large-scale storm event, and will produce wind gusts of 50-60 mph in some parts of the southwest as it approaches (from a SSW direction veering WSW-WNW later). It won't likely get very windy in the north, once the current moderate winds die down further late tonight they should stay at those levels through the day.

As the system approaches it is energizing the atmosphere ahead and creating meso-scale systems that could each do a bit of nasty work here or there on the way through Kerry, Cork and Limerick. Mostly radar-watching sort of forecasting on this, but don't be surprised if there are some thundery hail showers at odd hours of the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

well I have to say I was completely surprised when opening the curtains at 9am this morning to find blizzard like thick (albeit wet) snow pelting down in West Dublin (D15). The cars, grass and walls were starting to turn white (yes walls as the snow was horizontal with the gusts!) It didn't last too long but I managed to turn into a snowman on my walk down to Clonsilla train station as my wool jacket seemed to absorb and not the heavy flakes!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Still plenty of patches of snow on ground from earlier this morning in Meath. I left before it got bad but apparently the whole place was white for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭tylercollins

Has been raining here now for I would say about 16 hours now. Roads are flooded everywhere!

Main road into Derry from Coleraine direction is now in passable and has been closed by the police in both directions (dual carrageway).

As I'm typing this it is still absolutly raining/snowing and there doesn't seem to be any end in site!

On the upside I moved out house tonight, got soaked but worth it :P

Going to try and get some video footage tomorrow if I'm unable to make it into work because of flooded roads.

Haven't been on any the computer much tonight and haven't got a chance to read any of the threads, so can someone give me a quick summary of the next few days possible weather?

Haven't been on any the computer much tonight and haven't got a chance to read any of the threads, so can someone give me a quick summary of the next few days possible weather?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=75974323&postcount=2317

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 patters

light dusting of snow on the ground

• Registered Users Posts: 14,513 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Where you are, in general, a series of weak troughs and fronts in an upper flow becoming mainly NW to N, some light snowfalls in the mixed precip likely, meanwhile the Thursday night storm could come as far north as Wales or as far south as central France, so any credible solution has it well to the south of Ireland but there's the outside chance of that changing rapidly.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭rilz

Have a clear up to do in garden tomorrow - Even my xmas tree has been blown over with lights destroyed :(:D. Winds kicked off strongest at around 2pm just easing down now.

Me old man got back from Ballymena from work said just a blustery day, once he got down to east coast couldn't believe the strength of winds.

Has been raining here now for I would say about 16 hours now. Roads are flooded everywhere!

Main road into Derry from Coleraine direction is now in passable and has been closed by the police in both directions (dual carrageway).

As I'm typing this it is still absolutly raining/snowing and there doesn't seem to be any end in site!

Same story here all day, a good 16 hours of heavy rain but I just looked out and its like a blizzard! Bit of a shock!

There's a good 2 inches of water on the ground everywhere so not much hope of getting a good covering but seems to be lying in places

What a crazy 24 hours of weather :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Harps wrote: »

What a crazy 24 hours of weather :D

*jealous*

Advertisement