Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuesday - Friday windstorms & snow - REPORTS AND CHAT THREAD

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

No sooner had it started than it cleared up! No rain for the first time since around 11am

NAE giving potential for more snow later but time for bed I think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭hot buttered scones

Just started snowing here in Cork City

edit: snow just stopped. I guess that's our lot then.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭inovo

Nice to see a bit of snow in cork anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭hoody

Prolonged hail shower in Loughrea, Co Galway, in the last 15 minutes, has covered everything in white

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

AA Roadwatch update:

*MUNSTER* *N21/LIMERICK/KERRY* Take care on the N21 Limerick/Tralee Rd between Abbeyfeale and Castleisland following recent snowfall. *CORK* Recent snowfall around Kanturk, Rockchapel and Newmarket.

*ULSTER* *DONEGAL* Harry Blaney Bridge between Fannad and Carrigart is closed until at least 8am due to high winds. * Flooding at the Dry Arch R/A on the N13 Ballybofey/Letterkenny Rd in Letterkenny and the Letterkenny/Fintown Rd (R250) is closed at Conwal following flooding and subsequent icy conditions.

http://www.aaireland.ie/AA/AA-Roadwatch.aspx

• Advertisement

A lot more sleet/wet snow on its way to Kerry, Cork, southern and western parts of Limerick, and possibly west Waterford.

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Drove to work in the snow there with Christmas FM blaring....nice. Sticking to footpaths in places but generally melting. My estate had a thin layer of white everywhere when I left though.

Sounds like lots more wet snow for the day looking at forecasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭channaigh

Started snowing here in north kk again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

it's it's it's snowing in cork. :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Drove to work in the snow there with Christmas FM blaring....nice. Sticking to footpaths in places but generally melting. My estate had a thin layer of white everywhere when I left though.

Sounds like lots more wet snow for the day looking at forecasts.

Jaysus. Thought you drove to work sticking to the footpaths for a minute !! Had to re-read it twice !! Lol

• Advertisement

Picture posted on Newstalk Breakfast Show's Twitter Account

AgnGpZ-CMAArU5i.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Ogie84

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    it's it's it's snowing in cork. :eek::eek:
    Nice build up of snow here now just to the north east of city,road white,cars down to a crawl

honestly wasn't expecting snow this side of christmas. actually wasn't expecting snow at all. :D:D and it's coming down heavy, nice bit fat flakes.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Well done Cork!

I lived in the Cork City for a couple of years and never saw a flake of the stuff.

Once it stops, dig it up, put it in buckets and freeze it for next year. :)

WEBCAMS
    http://maps.google.ie/maps/ms?msid=210672946589548469683.00049e1fe08eb1b2e3033&msa=0

Check out Ballyvourney cam in west Cork. It's snowing there. Lying snow also visible in Mitchelstown cam.

One good thing about this morning's snow in Cork, Cork people might now stop asking 'When are we going to get snow like?"

There ye are. Snowing in Cork and not a flake in this part of Donegal. Never let it be said .. ! Enjoy your white stuff southern cousins ! :)

but ye got snow yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

fair play to Cork!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

Went to bed to crappy rain and woke up to a layer of snow :D. Will try and get a picture or two soon, just getting the daughter ready for school.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Well done Cork!

I lived in the Cork City for a couple of years and never saw a flake of the stuff.

Once it stops, dig it up, put it in buckets and freeze it for next year. :)

Where I live it snowed on Christmas day 2004 and next snowed on 10 January 2010! We've done ok the last two years though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Right snow...you have had your little visit to Cork...now please bugger off again for another year :mad:

definitely taking a picture when it's brighter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Snowing and sticking now in S.Kildare...not much of a shower but hopefully later today something can happen

Ludo wrote: »
    Right snow...you have had your little visit to Cork...now please bugger off again for another year :mad:

but it's pretty :D

Haven't seen a flake o' the white stuff here. Also lived in Cork for a while years ago and never saw snow there. :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Ludo wrote: »

I doubt you'll get any thanks for that post! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

'Three cars crushed in Londonderry floods' Jaysus :O

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/mobile/uk-northern-ireland-16173549

Irish1967 in shop just now:
    yeah that 20meter wave was recorded by a weather buoy of the Donegal coast.

Girl of certain hair colour in shop:
    god what was the boy doing out in that weather.

I give up !

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Ogie84

Has just stopped here again,moving north east,but looks to be only a temporary break as I look back to the west...

http://yfrog.com/oe4gknij

• Advertisement

irish1967 wrote: »
    Irish1967 in shop just now:
    yeah that 20meter wave was recorded by a weather buoy of the Donegal coast.

Girl of certain hair colour in shop:
    god what was the boy doing out in that weather.

I give up !

ha!!!!:p

Advertisement