Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuesday - Friday windstorms & snow - REPORTS AND CHAT THREAD

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

Ogie84 wrote: »
    Has just stopped here again,moving north east,but looks to be only a temporary break as I look back to the west...

http://yfrog.com/oe4gknij

Nice covering Ogie. Depending where you are in Cork, you should see more snow this morning. Keep an eye on the radar
    http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

not that I don't believe my fellow rebels, but no snow where I am, so I'll mount a patrol after breakfast. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Oh Jebus, someone set up a regional Cork thread !!! :p:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

gbee wrote: »
    not that I don't believe my fellow rebels, but no snow where I am, so I'll mount a patrol after breakfast. ;)

closer to the city would be the key ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

gbee wrote: »

Well it was snowing heavily (but briefly) when I left home in Rochestown at 7am this morning. It was sticking to the roads but it must have rained on it later as it was gone again soon afterwards. Just talking to the wife there who is up in the airport and it is white everywhere up there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Latest sat. Picture. Corkonians may print and frame it

42e2c5e6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

It's alright I'm here, I'm here:p

It was SNOWING/SLEETING heavily this morning in Cork City - on my way to work and there it was falling, little flakes of white goodness! Then Driving Home for Christmas came on the radio:pac: (except I was driving to work:()

There was white slushy stuff on the rooves this morning and on the cars so some of it must have stuck overnight and then it was ruined by the rain:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Jeez some people are never happy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

leahyl must be out dancing under the flakes.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »
    leahyl must be out dancing under the flakes.

Not quite - it's too feckin cold!:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

leahyl wrote: »
    It's alright I'm here, I'm here:p

It was SNOWING/SLEETING heavily this morning in Cork City - on my way to work and there it was falling, little flakes of white goodness! Then Driving Home for Christmas came on the radio:pac: (except I was driving to work:()

There was white slushy stuff on the rooves this morning and on the cars so some of it must have stuck overnight and then it was ruined by the rain:mad:

i'd say anything more we get today will be sleety rain at best during daylight hours. its marginal enough as it is. no real snow here just sleet this morning outside mallow. am surprised it is snow given its coming from the west/south west! perhaps the experts can explain why!

irish1967 wrote: »
    Latest sat. Picture. Corkonians may print and frame it

42e2c5e6.jpg

hmmm to stay at home and study and thus get distracted or go into college and study. hmmmm

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    hmmm to stay at home and study and thus get distracted or go into college and study. hmmmm

You know the answer to that now Sunbabe;)

You know the answer to that now Sunbabe;)

i actually don't:confused:

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    i actually don't:confused:

Obviously get distracted!! :pac: Whether you are in college or not if there is a window you will be distracted:D

Obviously get distracted!! :pac: Whether you are in college or not if there is a window you will be distracted:D

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

I'd expect mainly rain and sleet at best today from now on as warmer uppers move in with the ppn. Cork your snow is gone, for now

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Ogie84

I'd expect mainly rain and sleet at best today from now on as warmer uppers move in with the ppn. Cork your snow is gone, for now

Nope,snowing here again with past 10 mins,big flakes too

As upper air temps and DP rise, snow showers here are turning increasingly to wet snow and sleet.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

nice covering of snow here this morning.. its landed on everything even the roads etc.. looking at raintoday there more showers on the way ..:)

• Advertisement

Temp 1.8c, steady rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Ogie84

Temp rising, melting has begun and what is falling now is more sleet/rain than snow

awaits patiently for tonight. more snow i hope:D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Good bit of snow in Raphoe Co. Donegal this morning and flooding on the main Lifford/Letterkenny road.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

I suppose no one cares now that the "s" word is in full flow but violent thunder and lightning shower not far from here awhile ago. Very heavy hail accompanying it. South Kerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Noo

SeaFields wrote: »
    I suppose no one cares now that the "s" word is in full flow but violent thunder a lightning shower not from here awhile ago. Very heavy hail accompanying in. South Kerry.

Thats what happened on the east coast last year for a few days before the snow so always interesting :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

Some pictures here of that collapsed wall in Derry;
    http://www.u.tv/Galleries/GalleryPicture.aspx?guid=01941f49-b201-413c-93e3-25f0278f7063&ImgId=192681

Reading as well about lorries stuck in snow between Dungiven and Claudy. Its going slushy here now though :(. I guess if the snow remains and freezes over it's gonna be fun tomorrow morning!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

The webcam in Killaloe, Co. Clare showing a festive sprinkling of snow.

http://derganglers.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=80&Itemid=478

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Heavy snow as I went to bed last night but only a light covering this morning, ground is too wet with standing water everywhere. Rain has finally stopped anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭MiNdGaM3

Just out of bed now, seems I've missed out on a lot!

Was out at a birthday party last night so it was nice to drunkenly stagger through the city with snow falling

Advertisement