Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Citroën Xsara Electric Issues

• 11-12-2011 10:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 226 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have a Citroën Xsara and im hoping for some advice. Yesterday I went shopping (20 min drive there), and when I came back out the car remote central locking wouldn't open the doors. After using the key to open my door I started the car fine but the battery light came on the dash.

Currently, a lot of the electronics are not working. These include the wipers, inside fan, windows wont go down, demister, central locking, indicators, beep for door being open, also when driving after 20 seconds or so the dash goes blank. All needles to 0 and the trip distance doesn't display (if lights are on the dash is no longer illuminated).

What does work is the radio, clock, mirror adjuster, lights in boot, break lights, reverse light, side lights, dipped lights and full beams.

I took the car to my local mechanic and he did a few checks... He says the battery and alternator are fine, and no fuses are blown from either the box under the steering wheel (to the right) or the fusebox below the battery. He said bring it back on Tuesday to have a closer look.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Row

If your battery and alternator is o.k. then i would think the problem is with the bsi (fusebox below dash) check to see it there are any signs of water in
    the bsi..?
    The bsi controls c/locking...wipers..lights etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 226 ✭✭encryptix

Row wrote: »
    If your battery and alternator is o.k. then i would think the problem is with the bsi (fusebox below dash) check to see it there are any signs of water in
    the bsi..?
    The bsi controls c/locking...wipers..lights etc.

Thanks, ill check it out tomorrow. Sorry but im not that familar with the cars parts. Where exactly below the dash? As the fuses in the panel below the dash were checked. (Red area in picture)

184814.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Row

Depending on what year your Xsara is but it should be where the red box is or its in behind the glovebox...the problem could also be a poor earth/battery - connection onto the body (somewhere)..did you get any work carried out on the car lately or drive tru any floods..?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Try disconnecting the battery and reconnecting it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭swhyte027

I had a xsara Afew years back in the garage that this happened to before I had my citroen diagnostics but it's the body control module just needs to be reset.to do it u have to do something like disconnect the battery for ten mins then operate the windows then put on parking lights and operate the indicators and finally start the car.but google it I'm not sure of the exact order.just google reactivate body control module on citroen xsara

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 226 ✭✭encryptix

Thanks guys,

I disconnected the battery, counted to 5 put the lead back on and all was in working order!

Advertisement