Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dreading work tomorrow

Options
  • 11-12-2011 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I have previously posted here about my manager and to be honest things have not gotten any better, im 36 and feel like a bloody coward because im afraid to stand up to this ambitious witch. In our job we get mystery shopped a lot and i was mystery shopped and failed to adhere to one new point, everything else i did was A1, she texted me tonight (day off) to tell me about it, thereby ruining what was left of my evening, and im now sick at the thought of facing her tomorrow because as we are working alone, it wont be the normal run of a mill telling off. I havent the energy to go into the ins and outs of everything about her, but id be exaggerating if i said she disliked me, more like, despises me, why i dont flipping know.So folks any words of wisdom for me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

Tell her you don't want her to text you on your personal phone number any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Are you the only employee she treats like this. Is there anyone higher up than her that you could talk to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Unless you have a company mobile she shouldn't be contacting you on your personal mobile over something like this.

If it was a roster change or an emergency then she should be phoning you. Texting over someones performance is a disastrous idea as it mightn't be clear and then the employee is thinking about it all Sunday evening and building it up in their head. A bit cruel tbh

People are way too reliant on emails and texts. Whatever happened to talking to people??

Tomorrow tell her this and you don't want any texts off her ever again. If she has something to say then phone and it better be something that could not wait until Monday

You say it's the two of ye working alone, is there anyone you want to bring as a witness to this meeting?
    If you can't then bring a notebook and pen and make it clear you'll be recording everything that is said. She won't dare go off a rant, the complaint and your failure with the mystery shopping will be strictly by the facts

Before you go into the meeting write up a timeline on what happened with the mystery shopper so it's clear in your head.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭stephen1968

hi just wanted to know how you got on,my gf had a problem at work and the boss texted her at the weekend and told her to **ck off,she rang him back and he said that he sent it by mistake which i think he didnt,anyway he is now very nice to her.i told her to keep the text if she has anymore trouble with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi Stephen, i am afraid i'm no help to you, at work i was told if i was in front of her when she heard the report that she would have slapped me, and then i found out a work colleague who is on less hours and is not assistant manager like me has been promoted to manager in another store, because my manager bigged her up( and rightly so as she is awesome), without mentioning it to me and then when i asked her reply was, "oh you have commitments and shur you dont drive", I am feeling all sorts of emotions right now and to be honest i think she likes having me around to belittle me, i dont even want to imagine what she's saying to HQ about me, i mean, how does it look that the part timer got manager and the Assistant Manager didnt, i look like i have no ambition etc!

So i either really have to grow a pair and deal with her or let it continue what she's doing to me, and to be im not much into Masochism. So i have kept a roughish diary of all thats happened, she intimidates me immensley so am terrified quite honestly of having to face her in a room with someone else, any thoughts folks?

• Advertisement
Advertisement