Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Santa in clare

• 11-12-2011 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

Hi does anybody have any ideas where's the best place to vist Santa in Clare

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Greenacres

from what I hear I would say Ailwee Cave.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

I hear good about doolin cave also, but alliwee for the kids is best place to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

Took my kids to the farmyard in Corofin yesterday and it was excellent, a really good experience for the kids. They kept them entertained for over an hour, and the Santa gift was good quality, not the cheap junk you often get given at places.

Went to Moher Hill Last year and Turoe(Lough rea) the year before, and the Farmyard beat them hands down.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭dasium

Greenacres wrote: »
    from what I hear I would say Ailwee Cave.

Was in a Ballyvaughan restaurant last weekend and struck up conversation with 2 seperate families who were just back from a visit to Santa in Ailwee... they couldn't have been more complementary... one were from Dublin and stayed the weekend, so its a great money spinner for the village. One mother said her little boy was in a state of shell shock from all the details Santa knew about him... was left completely speechless for about an hour... was really cute hearing their tales of wonderment.. don't have children myself so obviously can't give personal references but from witnessing these I'd say this has to be up there with being the best in the country never mind county...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 149 ✭✭Niall_G

Have gone to Ailwee caves for last few years and would certainly recommend it. It's a little expensive but you get what you pay for. With a 4-5 year old you can certainly spend a few hours with the (small) playground, train, facepainting etc. Santa knows all about each child too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Greenacres

I spoke to someone today who went to the Santa in Bunratty last night. He would have been to Ailwee Caves for a few years before this. He said that Bunratty was a far better experience and would def choose Bunratty over Ailwee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Greenacres wrote: »
    I spoke to someone today who went to the Santa in Bunratty last night. He would have been to Ailwee Caves for a few years before this. He said that Bunratty was a far better experience and would def choose Bunratty over Ailwee.
    Unless you purchased tickets for Bunratty months ago, I'd say you're going to be out of luck. It is very popular, I know people who purchase their Santa tickets during the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭IrishMumOf1

Looking for one in ennis myself, dont have a car so ailwee cave etc is out for me, have a one year old and really just want the picture done and have a nice memory for later. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

Went today to the Santa In Ennis (Beside Bredin's hardware on station road) near Madden's Furniture
    Got great pics and it wasn't too expensive either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Carol Ann Brooks (Photographer) normally takes Santa photographs in Dunnes Stores Mall. Glor also have a Santa (www.glor.ie)

• Advertisement

angelfire9 wrote: »
    Went today to the Santa In Ennis (Beside Bredin's hardware on station road) near Madden's Furniture
    Got great pics and it wasn't too expensive either

how much did it cost if you dont mind me asking

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Carol Ann Brooks (Photographer) normally takes Santa photographs in Dunnes Stores Mall. Glor also have a Santa (www.glor.ie)

do you know how much she is? and dates?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

how much did it cost if you dont mind me asking

I think it was €12 (hubby paid) i'll double check :D

angelfire9 wrote: »
    I think it was €12 (hubby paid) i'll double check :D

Yes you are right it was €12 and totally worth it, little fella loved it and got a great pic and an age appropiate toy, brill fun well worth the 12 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Barnacle123

Hi,
    Went to Bunratty last evening with hubby and 3 children and highly recommend it. We went to Ailwee cave last winter and the kids enjoyed last night much more. Tons to do. We spent two and a half hours there. If too late for this year, I'd recommend it for next year!

Advertisement