Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gigs Etc.

Options
  • 12-12-2011 12:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Hey guys, just wondering if theres anyone here who knows of anyplace looking for musicians for gigs or something like that.

I play guitar and i sing, and Im a music student in college so it'll kinda help all around to get a gig or maybe a few.
    Please let me know if anybody knows anything.
    I would've put this in the bands and musicians thread but i think its more localised rather than puttin it where nobody could see it.
    Thanks guys.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Try kieran o neill in thge forum although best bet for gigs would be to get in with some of the spraoi crowd , they could point you in the direction of people organizing stuff around the town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 JamesOHalloran

cheers bro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭south

I think the kings bar do an open mic night on a Sunday night .it might be worth dropping in and see if you can meet someone at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

I'd say pop down to Sals on a Thursday night to the Speakeasy Sessions and get to know some of the other musicians who sometimes play there and elsewhere around town. There's quite a few former music students involved, all nice folks so you should find it easy enough to get networking and stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 JamesOHalloran

Cheers guys,
    Gregg, what are the Speakeasy sessions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 rodneypearl

Hi James, would you be interested in playing with a covers band with plenty of gigs in the south east area ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Someone mentioned to me recently that the new place in town, Shortts, have live music, musicians and bands, I've never been in there but you could give them a shout, see what the story is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Cheers guys,
    Gregg, what are the Speakeasy sessions?
    oooooops sorry James, I only just saw this now. The Speakeasy Sessions are sort of a mixed genre night with various artists typically playing for around 30 mins and over the course of an evening you could have live folk, trad, techno, metal, etc. I've performed (ambient electronic music) twice as part of the sessions and they are great fun and all involved are good people.
    https://www.facebook.com/speakeasysessions
    for some info.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Press_Start

Hey Guys Rod - PM Sent
    Thanks guys for the help!

Thanks for all!

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Press_Start

Note this is the same person as JamesOHalloran, bit of account difficulty over the last few weeks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Note this is the same person as JamesOHalloran, bit of account difficulty over the last few weeks

Haven't you a few accounts now? You really should go to Help Desk and get them sorted or email hello@boards.ie. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭billythepig

try the front lounge bar, they are into the bands big time

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭ratedR

Murphys on the quay. Especially on Friday to sunday nights. Always live local lads playing, and a lot of the crowd will be music/band heads.
    A good place to start if you wanna get talking to lads with similiar interests in a similair position to yourself.

Advertisement