Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Time Overclocking.

Options
  • 12-12-2011 12:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭

Ok, so I thought I'd give overclocking ago, but wanted to check in here first so I knew what I was doing first.

I have the i5 2500k CPU, but only have a stock cooler which is pretty decent, my CPU has yet to gone above 40degrees (playing Minecraft Maxed with 256x TP) and it stays around 25degrees idle.
    I've heard I can overclock to 4.3Ghz with the stock. I don't want to buy an expensive cooler yet as I want to see how much of a benefit overclocking is.

So, how do I overclock? I was looking on the application that came with the motherboard and there is overclocking options there, how do I work them?

Comments

Advertisement