Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virtual Landline - Forwarding to Mobile

Options
  • 12-12-2011 1:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

In the process of setting up a part time professional service venture in which I would like a virtual land line phone number that I can divert to my mobile.

I have come across this company, and seems to do exactly what I am looking for. Just wondering if anybody has used them before, or if anyone has alternative recommendation?

Thanks,

Dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,196 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

You don't need to forward to a mobile thats a costly way to do it as you'll be paying for the mobile divert. Your better off having the number on your phone through an app, have a look at the bantrer app on blueface.ie, its something like that you need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

You don't need to forward to a mobile thats a costly way to do it as you'll be paying for the mobile divert. Your better off having the number on your phone through an app, have a look at the bantrer app on blueface.ie, its something like that you need.

If he drops out of 3g coverage then voip or app won't be reliable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭AndyJB

ImDave wrote: »
    Hi All,

In the process of setting up a part time professional service venture in which I would like a virtual land line phone number that I can divert to my mobile.

I have come across this company, and seems to do exactly what I am looking for. Just wondering if anybody has used them before, or if anyone has alternative recommendation?

Thanks,

Dave

Mornin' Dave,
    I've two numbers with them. I've not had any issues to date, 12 months +.

I use a Seimens C450 IP Gigset while at my desk. I also use CSipSimple on my Galaxy S2 and AcroBits on an iPhone.

As previous poster mentioned Smart phone options may not work when you're not in a WiFi hotspot, but v-mail messages are e-mailed almost instantly to you and if a caller hangs up you're also notified about missed calls inc their number.

I use both numbers while abroad, but beware some hotels bar VoIP traffic from their hotspots.

If you're out and about you can always divert calls to your mobile.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭TylerIE

Slightly late but I have also used them (infrequently) for over a year also. I found their call management system great - e.g. trying one number then another - or playing a voicemail then transferring.

I only divert to mobile, as I found the VOIP setup quite tricky, and that was one disadvantage I found.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,536 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Not sure what type prefix you get, but if its not a standard One such as 01 you'll lose a lot of buisness.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

ted1 wrote: »
    Not sure what type prefix you get, but if its not a standard One such as 01 you'll lose a lot of buisness.

Its a standard Irish prefix with whatever area code you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

Three also have a 'Landline' App that does the same thing as Bluefaces Banter App, gives you a virtual landline number with any area code you desire. Anyone calling that number gets through to your mobile, with you paying the difference in the cost of a call to an actual landline number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

O2 have a landline plan that includes 1500min to all mobiles, all landline calls to uk / ireland, broadband & line rental for €59.99+vat

1500 min = about 75min a day based on 5 day week.

simply set up divert on phone to mobile number of your choice and as long as you are under 1500 minutes a month, 60+vat is all you will pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

ImDave wrote: »

Did you go with Goldfish eventually? Looks like a decent product.

To avoid the costs of forwarding the calls to my mobile, is it possible to direct the incoming calls to an app on an android phone - with a gold fish number?

I see that something similar is possible with the blueface service, but the monthly cost is a lot higher (and I've only a small volume of calls expected)

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭noelma

Hi all.
    Have been using Blueface/Banter for a year or so. Very handy and economical. Got a Dublin land line number from them, then diverted all calls to my mobile. Clients call the land line number and I get the call on my mobile. No cost to set up, and I pay only for diverted calls. Simply keep the account in credit.
    Just heard that they are ceasing service in February 2013!! :mad:
    Real bummer as I have business cards and advertising material with the land line number included!!
    Any suggestions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭TylerIE

noelma wrote: »
    Hi all.
    Have been using Blueface/Banter for a year or so. Very handy and economical. Got a Dublin land line number from them, then diverted all calls to my mobile. Clients call the land line number and I get the call on my mobile. No cost to set up, and I pay only for diverted calls. Simply keep the account in credit.
    Real bummer as I have business cards and advertising material with the land line number included!!
    Any suggestions?

Goldfish allow number porting - ie moving numbers from another provider - and are keenly priced as a service provider

http://www.goldfish.ie/86913/all/1/Transfer-my-number.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 2 spow

Not to sure if I can mention company details here but I work with an Irish VoIP provider who have the service you require which includes an auto attendant for a very cheap rate. pm for details

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Shoe in

noelma wrote: »
    Hi all.
    Any suggestions?

I can suggest a solution if you haven't found one already.PM me for details.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭funstuff

Hi guys,

Hope ye can help here.
    Is there anyway for me to buy a local number eg. 01 / 069 etc and just divert it to my mobile at certain times.

My situation is I work fulltime and also have an online business on the side.
    I want to say on the site - "Availible for contact from 6-9:30pm Monday -> Friday and 10am-5pm on Saturday" and give a landline number.

e.g. when they ring at 5:30pm they are given a voicemail to contact at the above hours and if they contact at the right times, they are diverted to my mobile.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks
    Gerry

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

the company mentioned in the opening post looks like it does time of day call routing.

Thanks Graham - Seems pricey that each call forwarded is charged at 17c / minute

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

You can usually install a SIP app on your smartphone, the calls divert to the App then rather than to your mobile number. This means your call is data rather than voice.

I'd say give the 2 providers listed, explain what you're looking for and that you'd like a SIP app on your mobile to divert the calls to.

Hi.
    I have a virtual landline number from Blueface/Banter. I have it automatically diverted to my mobile. Works well, small monthly charge, plus a charge for each call transferred.

@graham - Cheers, I will give both a call to check them out - @noelma what is the charge for each call diverted - cheers

Sorry - don't have details to hand. Get relatively few calls thru the landline number connection, so not an issue for me. Also rates vary - especially for "new" subscribers!! Contact Blueface.

• Advertisement
Advertisement