Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running Multiple Programs Over Different Connections

Options
  • 12-12-2011 3:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭

I have two connections. One is wired and gets about 100mb. Obviously I'm quite happy with this. The only thing however is that sftp is blocked over this connection. (It's a college network, ironically I need ftp to do my college work.). The other is an Eircom connection over WiFi. I get about 5/6 mb from this. I can use this for ftp. Is there any way I can make filezilla use the eircom connection while continuing to put everything else over the Ethernet? I'm connected to both but the ethernet takes priority as Windows sees it so it won't fall back on the wifi for anything.

Thanks in advance for any help. If this is not clear enough please ask questions. I'm aware that I can disconnect the ethernet, I'd just prefer not to.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,467 ✭✭✭✭Alun

If it's always the same (S)FTP server you're accessing you could always add a permanent static route with a lower metric than your default gateway just for that one IP address. I haven't tried it myself, but it should work.

Advertisement