Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LETS ALL LAUGH AT PEOPLE WITH DEPRESSION!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

DeVore wrote: »
    and we're all sitting in on a saturday night too...

Actually, one of the worst things about sites like Facebook is that it can seem like everyone is having a totally awesome time all the time every night and well.... you (ie: me) are not.

Its baloney. Don't buy into that fake facade.

That's the thing when you don't drink as I don't. I find it so hard going out when everyone will be drunk talking gibberish. I just can't be bothered listening to it. So I'm sat here watching my husband and son play need for speed on the xbox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I'm watching Frankie Boyle on Netflix

Reiketsu wrote: »
    Thanks guys. I haven't been feeling the greatest for the past couple of weeks in general but I'm at the point at the moment were I need a distraction I suppose. A bit of company always gives me a lift. I have to see my doctor on Wednesday and I really don't feel that the Setraline is doing it for me any more. The first couple of months it was but not any more. I had my dose upped by 50mg to 150mg last month and don't feel one bit different.

Well hopefully on Wednesday your gp will be able to change your med or perhaps add something in to boost it.

I think DeVore was giving us a friendly heads up to not discuss meds etc

Anyway Frankie is ripping it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Quietyou

lukesmom wrote: »
    That's the thing when you don't drink as I don't. I find it so hard going out when everyone will be drunk talking gibberish. I just can't be bothered listening to it. So I'm sat here watching my husband and son play need for speed on the xbox

You should take up gaming as well, gaming helps me a lot and provides a lot of escapism. You could be a ruthless Female archer in Skyrim or a Cowboy in the wild west with Red Dead Redemption.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Gleeso_Finglas

Quietyou wrote: »
    You should take up gaming as well, gaming helps me a lot and provides a lot of escapism. You could be a ruthless Female archer in Skyrim or a Cowboy in the wild west with Red Dead Redemption.

I found skyrim difficult

I found skyrim difficult

So did I, the first 20 levels are hard, but it is immensely fun after you become a serious Mage or Archer. I was a Mage first, magic is fun as hell. After a while I started up a new game as an Archer Assassin, sneaking through caves and dungeons picking off vampires bandits etc is immensely satisfying. Not to mention the varying Dragons.

Stick with it, and lower the difficulty for the first few levels. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

I don't even feel like I need a big night out or something, just a wee bit of time with adults, if that makes sense. It's my birthday on Monday so I'm going out next Saturday instead but it feels like a life time away at the moment.

I have an Xbox but haven't been in the mood to play lately. I used to really enjoy it, when the new Batman game came out no one heard from me for 2 days :pac:

efb wrote: »
    I'm watching Frankie Boyle on Netflix

"What are those? Two empty seats? This ****ing thing is supposed to be sold out! I hope they die in a car crash!" :D:D:D

I don't even feel like I need a big night out or something, just a wee bit of time with adults, if that makes sense. It's my birthday on Monday so I'm going out next Saturday instead but it feels like a life time away at the moment.

I have an Xbox but haven't been in the mood to play lately. I used to really enjoy it, when the new Batman game came out no one heard from me for 2 days :pac:

Happy Birthday fellow Jan baby!

• Advertisement

Yeah a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY Reiketsu!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

Thanks! It'll just be another day....with added cake hopefully!

Thanks! It'll just be another day....with added cake hopefully!

Birthday Cake has 0 calories!!!*

*thats what I tell myself anyway :D

Feeling kind of off today. I've an ear infection. Have been stuck in the house for two weeks as two of my three kids have had ear and chest infections, the youngest at one years old got no infection or sickness at all which I'm surprised by. Took my meds lat night that I stopped taking for only one day and I can't help but feel weak that I couldnt cope without them. I look at my husband and think how strong he is never having taken meds, never suffering anxiety and depression. I know I'm probably just feeling a bit off so I'm blaming myself for needing meds when I also know it's not a big deal or my fault for that matter. There you go guys that was a look inside my thought stream for you all lol :)

Feeling kind of off today. I've an ear infection. Have been stuck in the house for two weeks as two of my three kids have had ear and chest infections, the youngest at one years old got no infection or sickness at all which I'm surprised by. Took my meds lat night that I stopped taking for only one day and I can't help but feel weak that I couldnt cope without them. I look at my husband and think how strong he is never having taken meds, never suffering anxiety and depression. I know I'm probably just feeling a bit off so I'm blaming myself for needing meds when I also know it's not a big deal or my fault for that matter. There you go guys that was a look inside my thought stream for you all lol :)

My mam takes meds for cancer my dad for blood my sis for arthritis . I need them to balance my depression. Same difference

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

I found skyrim difficult

Try fable.
    all rpg, for the casual player. particularly fable TLC. Excellent game.

Another is dragon age, as you can choose an easy option which again is useful for the causal gamer.

I also like exploring the world of guild wars 2, at my own pace, normally with a friend, sometimes with a stranger :)

The Sims is another game I can lose myself in,..but there's no "point"/goal to the game, you 'live' it the way you want.

Check some of these out.

Oh, and HOG's (hidden object games, are excellent for a simple puzzle story line game, they don't take alot of effort, don't need to be overly focused, it's not move quick or die, just puzzle and finding objects. (If you want a site to get some free HOG's, pm me ;)

There's nothing wrong with needing meds.
    A diabetic needs insulin

Depression and anxiety are very physical. And sometimes meds are necessary.

Don't compare your biology with someone else's, also, dare I ask, that your life experiences were different too?

There's nothing wrong with needing meds.
    A diabetic needs insulin

Depression and anxiety are very physical. And sometimes meds are necessary.

Don't compare your biology with someone else's, also, dare I ask, that your life experiences were different too?

Yeah but its very possible I'll be on them forever. I just wish my brain worked properly that's all.

Yeah but its very possible I'll be on them forever. I just wish my brain worked properly that's all.

We all do :(

I bring you back to,
    "a diabetic needs insulin". I'm sure they wished their pancreas would work properly.

It's a physical deficiency, not something that can be changed by will power.

• Advertisement

I had a relatively ok day yesterday. I was able to clean the 2 Cars and get to the shops and also play some video games. I was thinking to myself is this is it finally starting to lift. Then this morning I get out of bed at 11 30 and I am now back to the way I was.

Full of anxiety and feeling cr@p about myself. I cant help the fact that i should be in work but If I go to work im afraid that ill go in pretending everything is ok and ill breakdown at somepoint.

This is day 9 of my new meds

I had a relatively ok day yesterday. I was able to clean the 2 Cars and get to the shops and also play some video games. I was thinking to myself is this is it finally starting to lift. Then this morning I get out of bed at 11 30 and I am now back to the way I was.

Full of anxiety and feeling cr@p about myself. I cant help the fact that i should be in work but If I go to work im afraid that ill go in pretending everything is ok and ill breakdown at somepoint.

good luck, be careful on the meds between week 3 & 4, things can often feel 'worse'. This was explained to me by a doc, that said basically, it means they're starting to work, you'll start having energy & motivation, but your mood will still be low.
    (hence the statistical increased suicide risk when starting anti-d's).

I'm just telling you, so you know what to expect, Things will go up & down, & then up again. Power through it.

And don't focus on whether you're should be working or not. You're ill atm, it's ok, focus on getting better. Thats all anyone expects of you, that you do what you can to get better.

Yeah exactly what happened me. Felt things were improving one day after a week on the meds but next day woke up feeling bad again. I was devastated but my psych doctor said it would be up/down/up for a week or two but that the ups would be longer and she was dead right. So hang in there, brilliant the ups have started for you. Just take it easy today there are much better days ahead for you.

good luck, be careful on the meds between week 3 & 4, things can often feel 'worse'. This was explained to me by a doc, that said basically, it means they're starting to work, you'll start having energy & motivation, but your mood will still be low.
    (hence the statistical increased suicide risk when starting anti-d's).

I'm just telling you, so you know what to expect, Things will go up & down, & then up again. Power through it.

And don't focus on whether you're should be working or not. You're ill atm, it's ok, focus on getting better. Thats all anyone expects of you, that you do what you can to get better.

Can this time frame for new meds to for even if you are switching from one to another?? Like I weened of a previous one and im now 9 days into a new one.

I find day time the hardest getting up is horrible and then trying to find something to do its horrible. I swear that if I get through this I will do my best to help people that suffer with depression as best I can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Can this time frame for new meds to for even if you are switching from one to another?? Like I weened of a previous one and im now 9 days into a new one.

I find day time the hardest getting up is horrible and then trying to find something to do its horrible. I swear that if I get through this I will do my best to help people that suffer with depression as best I can.

Have you gone to an aware group ?

Well, since meds generally take between 4-6 weeks to reach full effectiveness, it makes sense that thie issue is the same whether starting up or switching. Particularly since the meds you're switching from weren't working(I'm guessing).

From my own expereince the 3-4 week was always the worst. (and it's generally 3 weeks from 'full dose' (ie 20mg on lexapro, even if you started 2 weeks prior on 10mg)
    But that's just my own experience.

9 days on a med isn't very long, so be patient, wait through the miserable days, be kind to yourself, take things easy, the ups will come.

mickman wrote: »
    Have you gone to an aware group ?

Yea mick I have been the last 2 weeks to the local aware group.

Well, since meds generally take between 4-6 weeks to reach full effectiveness, it makes sense that thie issue is the same whether starting up or switching. Particularly since the meds you're switching from weren't working(I'm guessing).

From my own expereince the 3-4 week was always the worst. (and it's generally 3 weeks from 'full dose' (ie 20mg on lexapro, even if you started 2 weeks prior on 10mg)
    But that's just my own experience.

9 days on a med isn't very long, so be patient, wait through the miserable days, be kind to yourself, take things easy, the ups will come.

Just finding things very hard at the moment ive wrote 2 poems and my therapist got me to recite one to him and he was emotionally touched.

Im trying my best to get through the tough days but I seem to be edging closer to seeing if or what hospital I can reach out to. Also I dont think that guys comment above about some guy ****ing him self is something that should be posted here. I get what you are saying about the meds. Pity it takes so long.

Just finding things very hard at the moment ive wrote 2 poems and my therapist got me to recite one to him and he was emotionally touched.

Im trying my best to get through the tough days but I seem to be edging closer to seeing if or what hospital I can reach out to. Also I dont think that guys comment above about some guy ****ing him self is something that should be posted here. I get what you are saying about the meds. Pity it takes so long.

Completely agree that post is not helpful at all. By the way meds don't always take 4-6 weeks! You had an OK day yesterday and today not so good. This'd is how it will be until the good days win over. Don't lose heart please yoiu are well on the way to feeling better if you've shown any signs of improvement.

• Advertisement

Completely agree that post is not helpful at all. By the way meds don't always take 4-6 weeks! You had an OK day yesterday and today not so good. This'd is how it will be until the good days win over. Don't lose heart please yoiu are well on the way to feeling better if you've shown any signs of improvement.

Lukesmom im just fed up and tired of "dying to live"

Advertisement