Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LETS ALL LAUGH AT PEOPLE WITH DEPRESSION!!

Options

Comments

Mod

Thanks very much; post deleted. Do not post in this thread again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

feel like ****e...spent way too much time on facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

@stop animal cruelty - it definitely can bring you down. I know myself that all I post are happy updates but in reality I'm probably miserable instead. Not all is as it seems on there, just try to remember that and don't let it drag you down :).

I've had a busy weekend. My friend stayed here on Friday night and we had some drinks and snacks, as well as a well overdue catch up. It was a late night (5:30am bedtime!) and then I was out last night for some belated birthday drinks. Another late one (7am....) but I thoroughly enjoyed it, did me the world of good :). Can barely keep my eyes open now though!

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Chiquitita

Good evening all...

My problem is that im having obsessive thoughts, constantly thinking about the same things and im exhausted. Going to bed hoping that i'll sleep for a few days or that i'll be "cured".

The next time I hear someone say anything about someone with a mental illness i'll put them in hospital.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Chiquitita wrote: »
    Good evening all...

My problem is that im having obsessive thoughts, constantly thinking about the same things and im exhausted. Going to bed hoping that i'll sleep for a few days or that i'll be "cured".

The next time I hear someone say anything about someone with a mental illness i'll put them in hospital.

Iv been like that all weekend, just had a shower there and organised my stuff for college, feeling abit better keep saying to myself its a new day/week tomorrow..anything to stay positive l guess..glad this weekend is over..

hope everyone feels better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Gleeso_Finglas

Hows everyone today?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Hows everyone today?

Good and you?

Doing alot better then I was thank god....and the meds

Same as you Gleeso, been asleep nearly all day, and a good bit calmer, meds might be kicking in. I feel kinda flat if that makes sense?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

First week on the meds I felt like I was living in a bubble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

My doc recommended CBT and I priced it this week. €125 per session.

There's no way I can afford that :( Don't know what to do.

Doing alot better then I was thank god....and the meds

So glad to hear this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

You can find it for less than that lollipops. Just shop around.

Not feeling the best myself lately. I don't know how to continue being in my job when it's so stressful and there's nothing I can do about it. I'm applying for jobs but just can't get anything. Crying this evening at the thought of going back tomorrow. I'm not able for it. And I question my ability to do any other job now.

My doc recommended CBT and I priced it this week. €125 per session.

There's no way I can afford that :( Don't know what to do.

Cbt is very very expensive!!!! Howwver if you are comfortable around people sign up for the lifeskills programme on the aware website its free cbt for 6 weeks.

Gongoozler wrote: »
    You can find it for less than that lollipops. Just shop around.

Not feeling the best myself lately. I don't know how to continue being in my job when it's so stressful and there's nothing I can do about it. I'm applying for jobs but just can't get anything. Crying this evening at the thought of going back tomorrow. I'm not able for it. And I question my ability to do any other job now.

Hey what do u work at?

Out of interest does anyone find that they're thinking about their thinking? Like that you live inside your head a lot and have full blown conversations with yourself? Suppose im just so worked up about everything that im over analysing.

On a very positive and happy note, its my favourite time of the day...BED TIME! Just hope im not woken up with the noise of cats having sexy time at 4am again :(

Out of interest does anyone find that they're thinking about their thinking? Like that you live inside your head a lot and have full blown conversations with yourself? Suppose im just so worked up about everything that im over analysing.

On a very positive and happy note, its my favourite time of the day...BED TIME! Just hope im not woken up with the noise of cats having sexy time at 4am again :(

I'm forever having conversations in my head with myself. I'm just talking a big pile of rubbish :pac:

I hope I make it as far as my bed tonight....woke up on the sofa this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Guys hope your all ok, I'm in flying form crusading against the religious right on the interwebs!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I'm not sure if I developed this technique myself, or maybe I picked it up during my journey. Either way, I find it very effective.

Technique: When I find myself suddenly having negative, dark thoughts, I consciously stop and 'click back' to see what I was thinking about just before those negative, dark thoughts arose.

Lo and behold, I realise I was thinking about some aspect of my 'life' about which I feel bad. *see example below

That makes me realise that my downward spiral arose as an immediate consequence of that previous thought.

You might say 'So what?', but the fact (for me) is that:

NB: The apparently simple process of 'clicking back' has the effect of stopping the downward spiral in its tracks.

Try it for yourself. Please don't discount it just because you read it here (i.e. came upon it by accident, not from an expensive course of therapy).

* Example 'results' (aka insights):

I thought my life was worthless (downward spiral) because (click-back) I feel I am too fat / ugly / bald / short / not good enough in work/college/relationship / *insert your own negative thought here*.

As I said, stopping and 'clicking back' is easy. The insight it produces, though, stops the downward spiral in its tracks (for me).

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭leinsterdude

Cbt on Navan rd Dublin €60 per session, pm me for details.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

Hey what do u work at?

I'm acting as office manager, loaded with work one person is not meant to do.

I hope everyone has a good day. I have stuff to do but can see it not happening and a day in bed instead.

Bad day so far

:( why so gleeso?

:( why so gleeso?

Not too sure to be honest... just one of those days.

Just one of those days

:( sorry to hear that, maybe a good nights sleep will make you feel better!

:( sorry to hear that, maybe a good nights sleep will make you feel better!

I hope so. How u getting on?

Just one of those days

Remember, tomorrow is another day

• Advertisement

A bit like yourself, going to try some meditation soon and see how that goes...hope everyone else is having a nice evening!

Advertisement