Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LETS ALL LAUGH AT PEOPLE WITH DEPRESSION!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Hi... do you take medication or have you spoke to a GP about it.
    Dont be ashamed because its overpowering you at the moment and it happens At least you are aware of it and you know it will pass.

Hi, thanks for the reply. Yeah I'm on meds, and sometimes I feel fine on them for a while but then from time to time I still hit these awful lows.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Gleeso_Finglas

Do you ever just get that you are just not able for this life?

Its dark in here
    No light to be found
    I search around but I cant be found

Ive been here before I know this place
    I begin to panic my heart cant help but race

I thought I beat you I was as happy as ever
    You will never see that side of you again never again.....NEVER!!!!

You can keep trying to fight me its a fight you wont win
    I will effect every part of you and destroy your fight with in.

Thats it run for the medication run for cover
    Like a new born babys cry for his mother

You cannot hide you cannot flee
    For I am you and you are me

You hate your self you hate them all
    As I think to myself as I continue to fall.

You can keep trying even talking wont help
    You have no life left with in yourself.

I cannot eat... I cannot sleep... I just cant help but admitt defeat.

I sit and hope and wish and pray
    That this darkness will shift and turn to day.

They say that you have got to help yourself. What if you cant then what is left???
    It seems all thats left is death its self.
    At least now you know and you agree
    That I am you and you are me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

^^

Sorry, just got a Trent Reznor vibe of your post. :p Don't hate me. :o:(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Very anxious today - when I don't have that much to do I find that it increases my anxiety and worries. Going to get an early night in the sack. :)

• Advertisement

snausages wrote: »
    ^^

Sorry, just got a Trent Reznor vibe of your post. :p Don't hate me. :o:(

why would I hate you hahahah...... I wrote that poem a few weeks back when I was in the darkest place Ive ever been.

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Very anxious today - when I don't have that much to do I find that it increases my anxiety and worries. Going to get an early night in the sack. :)

Well I have the flu and im depressed out of my mind so im with you on the early night. Superbowl im sorry but I cant watch you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭glass_onion

Do you ever just get that you are just not able for this life?

A comfort perhaps.But nobody goes through life plain sailing.We all cope with grief and hardship in our own ways.Then when the pain is over,we can look back upon it.Sometimes i think when we are in the trenches of despair,we can be a brave warrior and don't know our own strengths at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Chiquitita

Going to try some meditation tonight and see how I get on...

Forgot I have an electric blanket so I have that on full blast waiting for me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭kryptonmight

I got some good news about the thing that was worrying me so it has removed a great source of anxiety and stress. I know I need to go back to the GP and get some help but at least I can do so now without this hanging over me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

I got some good news about the thing that was worrying me so it has removed a great source of anxiety and stress. I know I need to go back to the GP and get some help but at least I can do so now without this hanging over me.

Great to hear!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Thats great, its a lovely feeling when you bob back up to the surface again.

The thing is, you can get to a place where one "little thing" doesnt have control over your mood and your mind. CBT will help with that, it definitely helped me to put things into perspective and more importantly it gave me tools to continue to do that when times get tough.

I used to obsess about people who had "wrong" me. I found that pushing it away just made it come back again and again. CBT taught me how to go through the feelings and process them sufficiently to find some peace over any such situation.

If your peace of mind is subject to the whims and vagaries of outside forces, then any peace can be shortlived and unexpectedly interrupted.

The thing is, I had CBT before about a year or so ago and it was like it all went out the window or I couldn't remember any of it this last week. I guess I've been a little unhappy recently, not massively, but just a few small things on my mind relating to work and I guess this issue was at the back of my mind too and just blew up out of all proportion this last week.

Anyway I'm going back to my GP later today to discuss starting CBT again, and possibly medication. The psychologist I was seeing before doesn't live here anymore so hopefully the gp might have someone else to recommend.

At least I can hopefully get things back on track now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,273 ✭✭✭✭TommieBoy

The thing is, I had CBT before about a year or so ago and it was like it all went out the window or I couldn't remember any of it this last week. I guess I've been a little unhappy recently, not massively, but just a few small things on my mind relating to work and I guess this issue was at the back of my mind too and just blew up out of all proportion this last week.

Anyway I'm going back to my GP later today to discuss starting CBT again, and possibly medication. The psychologist I was seeing before doesn't live here anymore so hopefully the gp might have someone else to recommend.

At least I can hopefully get things back on track now.
    good on you to ask for what you need... hope it works out well :) for you

Today was my first counselling session. I am amazed. It was totally different from what I expected. I really connected with the therapist; she seems to get me and what I was trying to say, and offered feedback and gave me a few tools to work with. She was really great. Think it might help. I didn't realize talking might actually help, surprisingly I think it will :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 MagicStars

Hi all, haven't been here in a really long time.
    I came off my antidepressants before Christmas as I found they weren't really working for me. I didn't feel like they were doing the job at all. I also stopped going to counselling too.
    I don't think I'm depressed I just feel seriously bogged down with thoughts. I cannot stop thinking about things that happened and like redoing it all in my head. Like pretending to myself that something happened. Its weird ****.
    My counsellor from before said it was an ocd and obsessive thinking but I was a bit useless in counselling because I didn't really like talking very much.
    I don't really know what to do now but now I'm off the drugs I feel like I'd like to go back again.

TommieBoy wrote: »
    good on you to ask for what you need... hope it works out well :) for you

Thanks. I met with the GP yesterday. I'm going back onto a low dose of cipramil for the next few months and starting back doing CBT, hopefully within the next week or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

I feel like I've had a lightbulb moment, well few days. I've been looking up bipolar disorder and I know I have it. I've never been more sure of anything in my life. I have all the signs for it.

I've been getting treated for depression for the last 4 years. I was put on tablets and been on/off them since. I think they had a placebo affect on me, they never seemed to really work.

I'm going to the doctor today and I'm afraid he's going to tell me I'm wrong, but I know I'm not. I genuinely feel like I can finally get better because I know that's what's wrong with me at last. He's not the nicest doctor in the world, seems to think I'm an idiot and gives off an air that he really doesn't like me. So I think I'll go to the nice doctor and see what he says.

I'm actually really excited, I haven't stayed up all night in a little while now and my mind is going crazy :o Sorry if this post doesn't make any sense...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

mauzo! wrote: »
    I feel like I've had a lightbulb moment, well few days. I've been looking up bipolar disorder and I know I have it. I've never been more sure of anything in my life. I have all the signs for it.
    Yeah, don't self-diagnose. I think a lot of people ITT have been utterly sure that they have X condition because they tick Y amount of boxes for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭TheSegal

Feel awful today, I have no idea why though! Started going out with a girl around 2 months ago who I enjoy every second with, and work is going really well, I literally have no idea why I feel so bad today! Really just want to hide away from the world for a few days but I know it'll just make me feel even worse in the long run :( Don't know what to do with myself, I should be happy with my life at the moment, I have everything I want!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Geomy

I know that feeling, I have everything going for me and it just doesn't feel right lately, and was dating a narcissistic woman for 7 weeks until new year's day, it ended suddenly.
    Which was a bad mix for a man who gets depressed sometimes.
    I was bad there a few weeks ago but slowly getting better.
    I prefer a gradual recovery rather than wake up and feel elated.

All I can suggest is not to read into your new relationship, and enjoy it for what it is.

And doing something good for someone else can take you away from yourself..
    I hope that get well soon :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Chiquitita

Week 3 on prozac...negative thoughts still running wild. Anyone got any tips (mods, not looking for medical advice just others' experience)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Chiquitita wrote: »
    Week 3 on prozac...negative thoughts still running wild. Anyone got any tips (mods, not looking for medical advice just others' experience)

Eat short meals regularly. Exercise if you can. Be nice to yourself. Play videogames, watch tv, read a book, explore the countryside etc.

DeVore wrote: »
    Thats great, its a lovely feeling when you bob back up to the surface again.

The thing is, you can get to a place where one "little thing" doesnt have control over your mood and your mind. CBT will help with that, it definitely helped me to put things into perspective and more importantly it gave me tools to continue to do that when times get tough.

I used to obsess about people who had "wrong" me. I found that pushing it away just made it come back again and again. CBT taught me how to go through the feelings and process them sufficiently to find some peace over any such situation.

If your peace of mind is subject to the whims and vagaries of outside forces, then any peace can be shortlived and unexpectedly interrupted.

emmm :o ...what is CBT? ...if you don't mind me asking? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,887 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

TommieBoy wrote: »
    emmm :o ...what is CBT? ...if you don't mind me asking? :o

Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_behavioral_therapy

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭leinsterdude

Does Prozac make you feel as zoned out as Lexapro ?
    If I go off Lexapro which i am tapering on now, is there anything you guys suggest for days where you are stressed but are not on an SSRI and really do not need a long term solution ? Apart from beer that is :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭leinsterdude

If I go off Lexapro which i am tapering on now, is there anything you guys suggest for days where you are stressed but are not on an SSRI and really do not need a long term solution ? Apart from beer that is :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

It's usually a bad sign when your wife comes down in the morning to find you awake and asks when you last slept and you don't really know and they then point out that you didn't sleep yesterday either. I'm really unsure about time and dates etc at the moment, if it wasn't for it getting bright and dark outside and my wife and kids I doubt I could tell you if it was night or day without a watch.

I got Zyprexa from my GP. Its an anti psychotic but in small doses apparently its good for stress and anxiety. I found it good to settle me down when anxious and jumpy, and its not addictive either like Xanax.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

I had an appointment today. Got dressed, left the house to catch the bus....and the bloody thing drove past me. So now I'm back at home, back in my pyjamas and feeling like the world is against me. In the grand scheme of things its not even a big deal as I can reschedule no problem but when I'm low it feels massive. I have a full sink of dishes and I can't even contemplate doing them. I just want to curl up in my bed.

Advertisement