Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LETS ALL LAUGH AT PEOPLE WITH DEPRESSION!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

efb wrote: »
    I came home this evening and was going to buy cat food for my cat. Found a knocked down cat on my way to the shop, unfortunately it was my Taylor :(

Awww man. That sucks major. *Hugs*
    He/She is in Kitty heaven now. With yarn balls as big as mountains!

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭murria

I came home this evening and was going to buy cat food for my cat. Found a knocked down cat on my way to the shop, unfortunately it was my Taylor :(

That must have been so awful for you, but at least you know what happened and you won't spend days in turmoil wondering where Taylor is.

Sending you a big hug and thinking of you efb. X

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭InReality

That's harsh . Sorry to hear that .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Sorry to hear that news buddy.

Take good care of yourself

d

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'm so sorry to hear that Efb, as a pet owner I know how much they become part of the family.
    We're all here for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,457 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

kowloon wrote: »

Interesting. Now if only they could find a medication that would suit is all individually as it can be a game of Russian roulette at times.

Had bad anxiety all day yesterday. I cried and cried all day. Today however I tool a low dose Xanax and it took the edge off. I've decided to take my extra dose of mood stabiliser at night to see if it suits me better as taking it in the morning has left me zombie like and difficult to drive. I've to see psych doctor Wednesday morning so until then I'm going to try my best to think positively.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

How do I really know if I am depressed?

pinkstars wrote: »
    How do I really know if I am depressed?

Go to a Doc. They'll ask you to describe how it is manifesting, how you're feeling depressed. (I.E. for me it affects concentration, appetite, mood, sleep pattern, energy etc etc etc) and they will either diagnose you there and then or maybe refer you to a mental health professional. Different Doctors approach the situation in different ways but all are effective usually. There's also nothing wrong with getting a second opinion on the matter.

We can't give medical advice here on boards but it might be worth your while booking an appointment and maybe researching some of the symptoms of depression to see if any coincide with how you're feeling?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

sorry to hear that, have two cats that have brought me through troubled times. Taylor will be waiting for you at Rainbow Bridge. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 AnonAsimov

Hmm. I've taken on too much and I'm not getting the required work done. Urgh why do I do this to myself, I let myself get snowed under and now I'm up late losing sleep. It's times like these I allow myself to slip into panic/depression.

Hard to know how to just snap into gear and get things done. I don't want to fall into the attitude of apathy, lying to myself that it's fine to **** up if you don't care about it. I'm better than this. So why am I sabotaging myself

AnonAsimov wrote: »
    Hmm. I've taken on too much and I'm not getting the required work done. Urgh why do I do this to myself, I let myself get snowed under and now I'm up late losing sleep. It's times like these I allow myself to slip into panic/depression.

Hard to know how to just snap into gear and get things done. I don't want to fall into the attitude of apathy, lying to myself that it's fine to **** up if you don't care about it. I'm better than this. So why am I sabotaging myself

First of all stop beating yourself up! Be kind to yourself! You are more important than the work you are trying to shift.

Analyse and identify which tasks need attention in order of importance. Think in ink!

There are 24 hrs in the day, you must break it into sleep, work, eating, rest, and play. Would a review of your time management skills be helpful?

Perhaps set yourself Goals. Half of getting what you want is knowing what you must give up.

If you are getting depressed or developing anxiety , please consult your GP.

If you do not change today, your tomorrows will be like your yesterdays.

Please luck after yourself

Sincerely

Okay so back in the awful dark pit of anxiety. Trying so hard to be positive. It seems the increase in dosage of the anti psychotic has done nothing for me. Took a low dose Xanax a couple of hours ago. See the psych doctor Wednesday morning. Scared she won't be able to help me anymore. I'm practising mindfulness too. Just want out of this dark hole.

lukesmom wrote: »
    Okay so back in the awful dark pit of anxiety. Trying so hard to be positive. It seems the increase in dosage of the anti psychotic has done nothing for me. Took a low dose Xanax a couple of hours ago. See the psych doctor Wednesday morning. Scared she won't be able to help me anymore. I'm practising mindfulness too. Just want out of this dark hole.

Slow down, take it one day at a time.

This present state of anxiety too will pass.

Be kind to yourself!

Regards,

D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

So completely crashed on Saturday night, ended up having panic attacks for 5 hours straight. Had an on call doctor come in I've been thrown on valium and have to see a doctor during the week about it.

All I've done since then is sleep. A friend came over earlier but they're gone now and it all still feels pretty shít. Don't have the will to do anything. Been outside for a grand total of 20 minutes today, mostly just for a smoke.

And of course I've got other people pissed off at me, cos apparently I just need to get over myself.

Leftyflip wrote: »
    So completely crashed on Saturday night, ended up having panic attacks for 5 hours straight. Had an on call doctor come in I've been thrown on valium and have to see a doctor during the week about it.

All I've done since then is sleep. A friend came over earlier but they're gone now and it all still feels pretty shít. Don't have the will to do anything. Been outside for a grand total of 20 minutes today, mostly just for a smoke.

And of course I've got other people pissed off at me, cos apparently I just need to get over myself.

Whatever happens you, never, ever let anything like this get to you. Don't let it make you bitter towards these people but never ever take it on board as something wrong with yourself. There are some people who are ignorant and some people who genuinely don't understand mental illness. If someone is aware you're struggling mentally and tells you to "Buck up", "Stop being sad", "Stop overthinking things" "Get over yourself" or any synonym of the above you are more than sanctioned to punch them in the face and say "Oh stop acting like you're hurt, get over your face"

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭ellavin

I hate when people say that to me ahh yiu jist have to get over it bla I hate it dont listen to them
    Leftyflip wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 38,359 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

feeling so down

i had my nephews christianing the weekend and after losing my mother earlier in the year it was a sad but happy day. im so disapointed its over and i have nothing to look forward too

I want to meet a girl but i cant, is it my apperance, my personalty etc. i just dont know, i have tried plenty of fish but nobody has replied.

Im on Risperidone and i hate it, it makes me put on weight

my hours dropped in work for no reason and i cant live with having so much free time

i really need advice before i do something stupied

• Registered Users Posts: 11 AnonAsimov

PTH2009 wrote: »
    feeling so down

i had my nephews christianing the weekend and after losing my mother earlier in the year it was a sad but happy day. im so disapointed its over and i have nothing to look forward too

I want to meet a girl but i cant, is it my apperance, my personalty etc. i just dont know, i have tried plenty of fish but nobody has replied.

Im on Risperidone and i hate it, it makes me put on weight

my hours dropped in work for no reason and i cant live with having so much free time

i really need advice before i do something stupied

Well summer is coming, you could maybe join a tag rugby team, that's what I'm planning on doing. To be honest it's hard to meet anybody or make friends when your feeling miserable, so I wouldn't take it personal.

• Advertisement

AnonAsimov wrote: »
    Well summer is coming, you could maybe join a tag rugby team, that's what I'm planning on doing. To be honest it's hard to meet anybody or make friends when your feeling miserable, so I wouldn't take it personal.

+1 get out there an enjoy the Summer, Tag ruby is great craic and you get to meet some nice people. Alternatively join a swimming club or tennis club .

I would also suggest a chat with your GP regarding any concerns over physical or mental health.

Go on get out there and enjoy life. Be kind to yourself

Another trip to the psych doc in morning. Feeling pretty positive that I can overcome this blip just need a slight tweaking of my meds.

Another trip to the psych doc in morning. Feeling pretty positive that I can overcome this blip just need a slight tweaking of my meds.

Hopefully meeting will go well tomorrow.

Look after yourself.

Update met with the psych doc yesterday and she wants to leave my meds as they are. She added in diazepam twice a day for 3 weeks for the anxiety. Not feeling too bad I guess it does take the edge off. I will just go with the flow like I have been doing and I've a psychology session this afternoon. Hope you are all doing well x

Update met with the psych doc yesterday and she wants to leave my meds as they are. She added in diazepam twice a day for 3 weeks for the anxiety. Not feeling too bad I guess it does take the edge off. I will just go with the flow like I have been doing and I've a psychology session this afternoon. Hope you are all doing well x

Well done! Go with the flow. Spoil yourself!

Have to say mindfulness is brilliant for me at the moment. Been practising it today on and off and it's really helped me clear my mind and not ruminate as much.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

gaining a level of control over the brain is very satisfying. A lot of things add up to make us feel that it is the master. Ultimately it is, but there is a loophole in the agreement that allows the serf to live peacefully :)

*sigh*

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Mindfulness is the key, it really is! Glad to hear you are feeling better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭handbagmad

+1 for mindfulness
    Great skills to learn and use
    Really do work when practiced

Advertisement