Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a high tower case, Recommendations?

Options
  • 12-12-2011 5:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Im looking for a high tower case and wondering where is the best and cheapest place to get one, online or using a local provider?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

What's your budget? Why are you looking for a new one (what do you want to fit in it)?, and what sort of exterior do you prefer?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,442 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Moses-Hightower-Police-Academy-Bubba-Smith.png

I find this one good ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

DF-35 is the one I have. Its about €100 (or was) from elara.ie delivered.

If your worried about space its a good case,I running an atx motherboard,corsair 750w psu, 2 6870's in crossfire and using the titan fenrir pro cpu cooler which is massive and it fits just nicely.

If you want to use water cooling though I'd suggest the HAF-X for about €50 more,awesome case.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

I'm very happy with my Fractal Design Define XL: http://www.dabs.ie/products/fractal-design-define-xl-black-pearl-tower-usb-3-0-7TMB.html?refs=50006&src=3

You can probably find it cheaper if you shop around. Good balance between cooling and low noise with the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

dan_ep82 wrote: »
    DF-35 is the one I have. Its about €100 (or was) from elara.ie delivered.

If your worried about space its a good case,I running an atx motherboard,corsair 750w psu, 2 6870's in crossfire and using the titan fenrir pro cpu cooler which is massive and it fits just nicely.

If you want to use water cooling though I'd suggest the HAF-X for about €50 more,awesome case.

Been looking at this case and it looks pretty good, I've always like the Antec cases but the toploading 2.5" sata bay is a bit strange.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Mantel wrote: »
    Been looking at this case and it looks pretty good, I've always like the Antec cases but the toploading 2.5" sata bay is a bit strange.

True but it fits the case,very handy for me as I fix computers and laptops on the side so if I want a better look at the HDD (if its not booting etc) I can throw it into the top slot.

The only downside I have about it is the cable management.While there is some effort to help you they could have made a few more slots through the back panel.

I managed to make a false floor back when I had a single 6870 and it cleaned it up a bit,must throw up new pictures wit the crossfire set up

GoodOutsidePCPc-2.jpg

Advertisement