Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drink prices Limerick Pubs

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 145 ✭✭brianhickey

I have never seen them in Limerick either.

Actually I got the glass in an Irish Pub in Germany a few years back.

They apparently don’t let anybody pull the wool over the eyes of their paying customers regarding measures, metric or imperial.

I read an interesting question on another website where they asked, do publicans sell you a pint of beer or a beer in a pint glass?
    I've noticed a similar swindle. I was in the Omniplex last week and asked for a box of popcorn. The attendant placed a box on the counter, but I noticed that there were lots of air pockets in between the pieces. I managed to control my temper and explained that if he crushed the popcorn flat with his popcorn trowel, he could fit much more in. The manager had to be called at one point and I missed the first twenty minutes of A Very Harold & Kumar 3D Christmas but in the end I got my real box of popcorn. I urge everyone to do the same, if we all stand firm on this together, we can stop this outrageous practice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

I too have noticed this practice. Always make sure your popcorn comes in a round tub as opposed to a square one. The shape makes all the difference as corners allow for more air and less popcorn.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭constantg

RonMexico wrote: »
    €1.50 for a tea in Mickeys and if you are lucky free biscuits/cake :D

€2 there the last 2 times i was in....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

L.T.P. wrote: »
    A group of us were in Peter Clohessy's for the Munster match Saturday and a bottle of Heineken was €5 and a pint of guinness was €4.60 :eek:.

What are the prices like elsewhere as I thought these were fairly steep (I don't get out much!!)

The place should be empty, pure greed. Id sh1t in my chips before I would give Peter Clohessy a fiver for a bottle of Heinopiss.

I've noticed a similar swindle. I was in the Omniplex last week and asked for a box of popcorn. The attendant placed a box on the counter, but I noticed that there were lots of air pockets in between the pieces. I managed to control my temper and explained that if he crushed the popcorn flat with his popcorn trowel, he could fit much more in. The manager had to be called at one point and I missed the first twenty minutes of A Very Harold & Kumar 3D Christmas but in the end I got my real box of popcorn. I urge everyone to do the same, if we all stand firm on this together, we can stop this outrageous practice.

I bring my own food to cinemas and I don't give a fup what anyone thinks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭adaminho

constantg wrote: »
    €2 there the last 2 times i was in....

It's €1.50 for tea and €2 for coffee and usually a free refill.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭overthebridge

The place should be empty, pure greed. Id sh1t in my chips before I would give Peter Clohessy a fiver for a bottle of Heinopiss.

They have a special offer on a Monday, all pints of stout 2.50. Not bad considering.

I am in no way affiliated with Clohessys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭skyguy19

your right he is empty most of the time, i wouldnt pay that price for a bottle either, it will go up another 10c from january with the 2% vat increase, plus what ever they add to it as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭jmch81

don't think Mr Clohessy has much say in the over all running of the pub. He is only a small shareholder and has a management role, from what I understand.

jmch81 wrote: »
    don't think Mr Clohessy has much say in the over all running of the pub. He is only a small shareholder and has a management role, from what I understand.

Whatever the case may be, it is still an outrageous rip off.

• Advertisement

They have a special offer on a Monday, all pints of stout 2.50. Not bad considering.

I am in no way affiliated with Clohessys

Who goes on the piss on a Monday night though in fairness?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

only people that dont have to work or dont have to drive to work on Tuesday morning.

jmch81 wrote: »

He might not have much say, but with his name over the door, the majority of criticism will be directed in his direction and it is his place to either answer his critics or to bear it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

A lot of people who work in retail/service, every notice all those people who work on Saturday nights? They might be off on a Tuesday, a lot of people who work in shops will be off 1 of the quieter days of the week as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Everyone who goes to the quiz :P

You don't have to go on the piss just because the beer is cheap. You can still go for a few "cheaper" sociables and be home before 10-11 o'clock. In time to sleep it off before work in the morning.

You don't have to go on the piss just because the beer is cheap. You can still go for a few "cheaper" sociables and be home before 10-11 o'clock. In time to sleep it off before work in the morning.

And that is exactly why it is cheaper there on a Monday night.They know there wont be a big crowd and they know most people won't be on the piss so they are not offering any value to customers at all really.

5 quid for a bottle of Heineken every other night?? how can they justify that kind of ripoff?. I'd nearly be tempted to get the missus to tuck a few bottles of Heineken in her bag just to get one up on them.

so how much will the price of beer be inflated over christmas in the city?

so how much will the price of beer be inflated over christmas in the city?

as much as the rugby bandwagon are willing to pay...:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 186 ✭✭Jmccoy1

The Imperial on Careys Road charges only €3 for all long neck beers, €4 for alco pops, €3 for Beamish, Carling, Tuborg and Fosters, €3.50 for Guinness and Smithwicks and €4 for Heineken and Bud, open to close 7 days a week. Pretty good value !

• Advertisement

Wouldn't go near it if you paid me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭sioda

Live around the corner from the imperial love the place good crowd good beer and great smoking area pool table and darts cheap drink what more could you want

RonMexico wrote: »
    Wouldn't go near it if you paid me.

You prefer to pay extortionate prices?. Tbh, as well as being a total ripoff, I think clohessys is full of ''I must be seen here'' posers.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭kenoconnell

€4 in Fennesseys, the Windmill and close to that in Mickeys.....

Off topic, but the cost of a 'large' (normal sized mug) coffee in o'connell's is €2.80.....That is just extortionate

A regular coffee is 2.20 and a large glass mug is 2.80. Its fresh griund machine coffee, We also offer free refills. If u find this extortionate then I suggest u price around town, one to mention is 2.20 for filtr coffee. Oh back to the Thread, our Guinness €3.30 ALL the time

You prefer to pay extortionate prices?. Tbh, as well as being a total ripoff, I think clohessys is full of ''I must be seen here'' posers.

You don't half jump to conclusions do you?

And that is exactly why it is cheaper there on a Monday night.They know there wont be a big crowd and they know most people won't be on the piss so they are not offering any value to customers at all really.

5 quid for a bottle of Heineken every other night?? how can they justify that kind of ripoff?. I'd nearly be tempted to get the missus to tuck a few bottles of Heineken in her bag just to get one up on them.

You really don't like Clohessy's do you.

You really don't like Clohessy's do you.

maybe he's just not a poser.......:)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

washman3 wrote: »
    maybe he's just not a poser.......:)

It's possible to have a drink in a given premises without being a "poser". Lay off the cheap labels there and stop trying to bait people into responding to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭kenoconnell

Annual January Sale - Guinness €2.95 in Annacotty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

4 euro for pint of Guinness in Bowles - great pint of the dark red stuff too

Advertisement