Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

European remixes

• 12-12-2011 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

I was watching that hip hop at the BBC programme the other night and Eric B and Rakim were featured. They were doing ‘Paid in Full’ on Top Of The Pops. It was the Coldcut remix that charted in the UK and not the original album version.

I personally don’t like it; it’s too long and has too many cheesy samples put in it. Does anybody know from hip hop history if Eric B and Rakim actually liked it??

Another one – I think I remember that RUN DMC hated the Jason Nevins remix of ’It’s Like That’??

And while I’m at it. It’s more of an R&B song but did Bobby Brown like the K-klass remix of Two Can Play that game

Can you think of any other US Rap/RnB hit that was given a Euro remix to make it a hit here??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

I noticed that, I thought maybe that the coldcrush remix mostly sampled some 2nd version by eb/ra but reliased they were just doing it because they were british or something.

I love that mix, not as good as the original but it is a good take on it.

Also love the jason nevins remix, but again nothing on the original.

Ghetto gospel the Aftermath version is much worse than the original.

Advertisement