Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

what to buy for 11k?

• 12-12-2011 11:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭

Looking to replace my golf with something practical. Tried a Toyota avensis d4d tr and skoda octiva ambience. Looking for suggestions for others but need to get something quickly

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Need more details. What mileage are you doing? Petrol or diesel? Do you need a lot of space? What year are you looking for? Any other spec requirements?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

Need more details. What mileage are you doing? Petrol or diesel? Do you need a lot of space? What year are you looking for? Any other spec requirements?

Ok sorry should of put that in.
    mileage roughly 10k per year
    probably petrol, live in suburbs of Galway and work is about 10 min drive.
    Space is needed for kid(s) hopefully next year and Golf clubs.
    Year dont want to go any earlier than 2008
    Specs dont really matter but something that looks well and isnt going to give me much grief.
    Dont want to travel across country to check out cars either.
    I have been to 5 different dealers in the Galway city area and tried out 5 different cars all diesel ie avensis, skoda octivia, ford focus style, mondeo, passat.
    Avensis is nice to drive but looks aint great.
    skoda was boring inside and noisy.
    Ford focus was to small and both mondeo and passat had high mileage 80k plus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

I wouldn't be limiting yourself to 2008 cars or newer for tax reasons I assume.. Plenty of excellent cars out there within budget that are pre-2008.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

Are most of the cars brought into Ireland from UK okay ie true mileage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

scrubber72 wrote: »
    Are most of the cars brought into Ireland from UK okay ie true mileage
    Anything with a full service history that you've verified by phone and a clear HPI cert is probably ok, anything without might well be clocked or damaged repaired.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Something like this will more than likely give you little or no trouble and they are very nice to drive:

http://www.driving.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=201146205575784

Advertisement