Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fairy Lights

Options
  • 12-12-2011 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Had an exceptionally busy few weeks and only getting the chance to start decorating now.

I'm on a limited (ie. tiny) budget, so I was wondering if anyone could give me some suggestions on where to get some affordable fair lights. Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭jockeyboard

Hi Guys,

Had an exceptionally busy few weeks and only getting the chance to start decorating now.

I'm on a limited (ie. tiny) budget, so I was wondering if anyone could give me some suggestions on where to get some affordable fair lights. Thanks :)

we got some in arnots, not sure if best value but i thought was a good deal. 60 lights for indoor or outdoor for 21 yoyo. They had bigger sets which prob work out cheaper per light! :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

we got some in arnots, not sure if best value but i thought was a good deal. 60 lights for indoor or outdoor for 21 yoyo. They had bigger sets which prob work out cheaper per light! :p

You got robbed.:eek:

200 indoor/outdoor LED lights (warm white) in Lidl for 15 euro.

10 meter warm white rope lights for 12 euro.

3 year warrenty on both items too,

Bought 2 sets of the LED lights and 1 rope light.:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭portach king

Thank Guys. Will be going to Lidl tomorrow :)

I found out Tesco are also selling 100bulb (not LED) sets for €10 by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Mac0783

hi

was in tesco yesterday and they have all their fairy lights half price, loads for €7/ €10 / €15....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Reesy

For shorter strings of lights, the Eurosaver shop on Stephen's Green, Dublin (and at least one other branch) has some basic lights at EUR 2 a set. I bought a battery-powered set of 15 and taped it round the window of our front door. Looks nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭MiamiMice

Hi Guys,

Homestore and More have 1/2 price deals on lights. I got 200 ordinary lights for 7.95. 200 LED lights can be got for 14.95

Advertisement