Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yet another 457 question

Options
  • 12-12-2011 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

Hey guys,

Currently in Melbourne on 2nd WHV. Im looking to stay out here.

Have a quick 457 question. I have trawled boards and the immi website but cant get a definite answer so I thought I would put up a question.

Ive a decent shot at a job as a "Lead adminstrator" with a community organisation. This will involve managing other staff. Does anyone know if this would be a qualifying occupation to apply for sponsorship? I have checked the immi website and the closest thing I could find was as a knowledge Manager (it would involve, maintaining the records etc).

I have heard that they do not give sponsorship for admin roles, and what I am looking for is not specifically on the list, but I was wondering the managerial aspect would qualify? Hearing different things and would like to have a firmer grasp before contacting employer or immi.

Thanks everyone.

Also, completely off the point, but does anyone know where you could get some tayto in melbourne?:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,347 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

The full list of occupations is availible. There is ection on managerial roles. Find the best one.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭karl bracken

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/_pdf/sol-schedule1.pdf

SOL list, lots of manager stuff in there

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭thecheese

Not sure about the visa question but in relation to the all important Taytos...

Collins Street 234 shopping centre has a shop called Treats from Home. They do loads of Irish and English branded food that's been imported. Most things are fairly expensive but they sell off the crisps cheap when they're approaching their sell by date:o

I used to buy my McDonalds curry powder in there, cost a fortune but well worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

woolworths will be selling tayto soon

Advertisement