Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X3 Albion Prelude released 15 December

Options
  • 12-12-2011 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭

Check it out here
    http://www.egosoft.com/x/xnews/201112_1_44News.html
    Trailer here
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJ7z1HVonUM&context=C2eae5ADOEgsToPDskJhBo6qND0ULiMqmjMT3tYX

- X3: Albion Prelude released 15 December
    - Bridging the gap between X3:Terran Conflict and the upcoming X:Rebirth
    - Improved user interface
    - New Stock Exchange feature
    - A huge war and lots of new missions and ships!

Egosoft is pleased to announce X3: Albion Prelude, which provides a welcome bridge from the X Universe we know and love to the X Universe that will be experienced in X Rebirth. This new adventure will also feature more than 30 new ships and stations. A new Stock Exchange feature will enable players to speculate in local markets in a bid to increase their wealth. With this will also come tools to monitor and analyse economic developments and progress. Users with high-end machines will also benefit from some improved graphical quality settings. It is important to note that X3: Albion Prelude will NOT feature savegame compatibility with X3: Terran Conflict.

For owners of the X Superbox, X3: Albion Prelude will be available as a free download on Steam, while for owners of X3: Terran Conflict it will be available at the 'add-on' price of €9.99. For players new to the series, X3: Terran Conflict and X3: Albion Prelude will be available for purchase as a bundle. Time your purchase right and you could enjoy substantial discounts in the Steam holiday sale too!

X3: Albion Prelude will be available on Steam for direct download in English, German, French (text and audio) and Italian (text only). X3: Albion Prelude will also soon be available for MAC OS through the Apple App Store and Deliver2Mac. A boxed retail version of X3: Albion Prelude will also be available for the PC early in 2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Got the Superbox so i'm good.

Been meaning to play more of this, some of the missions were bugged that i was on and i wasted a full team of marines all 5* on getting that goner ship.

Hopefully they'll patch some more stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Nice, been trying to think of a nice counter game to Skyrim, this should take up equal amounts of time... again...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I reinstalled Terran Conflict over the weekend but am still struggling to figure out how to play it, as I've struggled every other time I installed it. There's so many guides that only have snippets of information, that it's near impossible to figure out what's going on. And I think there's a bit of a bug with the economy as every where I go sells stuff at the peak price. There's no fluctuations at all.

But it's one of those horrible "I'll just play for five more minutes" games that you can't put down.

Prices do decrease but they need a large surplus of stock before you start making much cash by trading.

I have mostly weapon complexs selling to terrans as I don't need to worry about stock then.

I'm stuck following a pirate and have to keep at a distance or else I fail.

Hate the gonar missions, I think I spent A hundred hours with marines in training, capping and cash to then loose them with that mission. i also bought a m7m to try improve things, not sure if I got a good one as I can't remember but it may be the split one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Lost large chunks of my life to the X Series but always a struggle to motivate myself to start. It's always such a slow uphill struggle at the start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭seamus1980

Hey guy for those of you who are just starting into the game there are great video guides here
    http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=297924

TC save are not compatible with this :(

goodbye my collection of xenon ships.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Great excuse to start playing this again. Looking forward to the new game next year too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

I bought Terran Conflict + Albion Prelude in the Steam sale there, just wondering does Albion Prelude play in the same way as TC does? I haven't started yet and I'm new to X3 so just wondering where to start pretty much. I've found on the Egosoft forums a load of stuff on TC to help new players but (as it's new obviously) basically nothing on AP. If I started playing AP would the TC stuff be relevant?

danthefan wrote: »
    I bought Terran Conflict + Albion Prelude in the Steam sale there, just wondering does Albion Prelude play in the same way as TC does? I haven't started yet and I'm new to X3 so just wondering where to start pretty much. I've found on the Egosoft forums a load of stuff on TC to help new players but (as it's new obviously) basically nothing on AP. If I started playing AP would the TC stuff be relevant?

most of it still applies, the stuff that does not apply will be over your head at this point so you can ignore it.

Read the guides for TC and play Albion Prelude.

• Advertisement
Advertisement