Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rovers v Spurs Match Thread (football talk only )

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭Ashbourne hoop

jiltloop wrote: »
    Did I say Spurs were my local team? Do you even have a point here or are you just stating the obvious and thinking that you've scored a great point in the argument. I've explained myself enough in this thread already so why don't you read the rest of the thread properly instead of starting an idiotic and redundant argument.

My point is why Irish people would support an English/Scottish/foreign team over an Irish one, and not only that but put an English soccer team on an Irish flag. I really don't get why someone would do that and it's not an anti-English thing. Don't think you'd see a German flag with Ajax on it for example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

My point is why Irish people would support an English/Scottish/foreign team over an Irish one, and not only that but put an English soccer team on an Irish flag. I really don't get why someone would do that and it's not an anti-English thing. Don't think you'd see a German flag with Ajax on it for example.

When is the penny gonna drop?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭Ashbourne hoop

BERBA wrote: »
    When is the penny gonna drop?:rolleyes:

I know you'd rather spend €200 all day long to watch your beloved tottenham rather than €15 to watch that ****e. So you've never seen a bad Premier League game ? I've seen plenty, quite a few with your beloved Spurs btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭HigsBoson

It bothers me to see Irish football suffer because of the influence of the EPL. It bothers me to see Irish people cheer on foreign teams, playing Irish teams, in Ireland. That said I hold no ill will toward Irish fans of English football. The league has a responsibility to promote itself and I beleive the matchday experience of LOI is a product that can co-exist with the EPL, as it does in many countries. The focus has to be about getting younger fans exposed to the league early on, which is something Rovers appear to be embracing. It will take a generation to fix but all the arguing only contributes to the problem. Neither side of this argument is ever going to give an inch to the other, that is not a recipie for progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

No bother to ye to put up a flag with F**K THE GAA on it though.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement