Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GYM MEMBERSHIP BEST AND WORST GYMS IN YOUR OPINION

Options
  • 12-12-2011 2:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭

Obviously you must state that you have no affilation with any Gym that you post favourable views about or if you do you must be open about them.

What should someone wishing to get serious about all areas of fitness look for in a gym and in a gym membership.
    Thing i and many others are looking for in a gym.

Good facilties , free weights , functioning modern machines with all bases covered , Spacious studios, a swimming pool &sauna jacussi etc, pilates machine, clean locker rooms showers.

Services, a good few classes that are included in membership ,circuit training, personalised training with the option of 'doing your own thing' ( i cant stand people like personal trainers fussing around me), qualified talented knowledgeable instructers who are polite, friendly and professional.

Reasonable and fair legal contracts that are open. Negotiatable terms (the standard waving of joining fees etc). No hidden rolling contracts etc and it should be made obvious if you membership can be frozen or what under what terms it can be cancelled and will part of you fees be reimbersed etc or do they try the rubbish some gyms do and try to keep charging if a member submits prior notice of cancellation in agreement with the terms of their membership. How much notice do you need to give to cancel? And if the contract is up for renewal do you still need to give prior notice for termination? Is the contract automatically renewed(SERIOUSLY some gyms try this). Is a monthly membership available or a pay as you go so you can test it?

Did you get a good tour ? Were you allowed to use the facilities to test them?

Do you like the staff?
    Any recomendations? Or any points your feel are important to consider when joining a gym? I am sure people would be interested.
    South Dublin area but feel free to list others.

By the way i am female and my fitness goals are to maintain my fitness levels and improve them i do not need to lose weight.

Any gyms you would avoid?

How would you asses a gym and advise people on what to look for when joining?

What gyms have the best facilities at the best rates?

Advertisement