Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BattleField 3 - Freezing

Options
  • 12-12-2011 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,443 ✭✭✭

Hi All

Have been playing BF3 and am at "Between A Rock and Hardplace"

Went to play it yesterday and Xbox turns on, Loads Game and can select campaign, load game

But it starts to load and then just stops, I can hear a definite noise reduction from the Xbox

Some people are saying this is BF3 Bug

I do not have RROD

Any ideas?

DT

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

See if other games work, if there is freezing then RRoD is most likely on the way.

If you find the problem is just with Battlefield 3, try clearing the system cache

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭NORTH1

I don't play the campaign much at all, but multiplayer does freeze quite often. I just turn off the console and let it rest for a bit and it works fine again untill the next freeze. This only happens on BF3, the other games the kids play Seem to work fine, and Skyrim gets low frame rates at certain times in the game, but struggles on.

Hope this its of help.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,443 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Hi

Tried other games - Goldeneye Reloaded and Forza 4 and all work fine

So its defo a bug with BF3

Gonna set up Account with EA and add something to Forum

Note: XBOX did have a 1mb update last nite so this may sort it...will try BF3 again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭jetpack101

Had this happen to me this morning.
    Start a multi player game and I just get a black screen. The only way out of it is to dashboard the xbox and start again which means going through the ****ty booth up for battlefield.

This game used to be so good (battlefield2) they have made a complete balls of the new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

Have you installed it to the hard drive? If you have, uninstall it, then clear the system cache, and load the game and check if it stutters again. Then if not quit to the dashboard and install BF3 to the HDD.

Have you installed the optional texture pack?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,443 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Hey

Its on the HD ok. No texture pack installed.

Will try to uninstall and go again

Will my history be lost ?

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

nope, your game saves are separate.

Advertisement