Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotels near 7up winter wonderland?

Options
  • 12-12-2011 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi,
    Travelling up from cork with my girlfriend in January. Were looking to stay the night somewhere that has access to the Luas so we can head into the winterwonderland and have a few drinks.

Parking is also needed at the hotel, im aware that the ashling is close but its a bit too expensive due to being close to the arena.

Im not too familiar with dublin (besides Heuston and O Connell street ha) so help is appreciated?

Cheers:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Steve Higginson

Hi,
    Travelling up from cork with my girlfriend in January. Were looking to stay the night somewhere that has access to the Luas so we can head into the winterwonderland and have a few drinks.

Parking is also needed at the hotel, im aware that the ashling is close but its a bit too expensive due to being close to the arena.

Im not too familiar with dublin (besides Heuston and O Connell street ha) so help is appreciated?

Cheers:D

There's the Hilton Kilmainham, which is right across the road from the Royal Kilmainham Hopsital (where the attraction is set up). I've no idea what the prices are like, but it's about 5-7 minute walk to the Suir Road Luas stop from the hotel if you need to get into the city. It's only a 30 minute walk into the city centre anyway, and a taxi out at night will cost around €8.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 The Proletariat

There's the Hilton Kilmainham, which is right across the road from the Royal Kilmainham Hopsital (where the attraction is set up). I've no idea what the prices are like, but it's about 5-7 minute walk to the Suir Road Luas stop from the hotel if you need to get into the city. It's only a 30 minute walk into the city centre anyway, and a taxi out at night will cost around €8.

Cheers Steve,

Small bit overpriced be talking 105 for one night.. Looking for somewhere about 70-80. Stayed in Liffey Valley a few times love the place but its too far out from the city. and no luas either..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

The only hotel near it is the Winter Wonderland. If you're driving from Cork and access to the Luas is a must, you could stay at the red cow (or the Ibis at the red cow). Both have parking

If you're not sure where to go, going by Luas to the event mightn't be the best option. its a 10 minute walk and not really signposted.

Have you thought of staying in the city centre and getting bus/luas out? Plenty of options there

• Registered Users Posts: 11 The Proletariat

Cheers for the help folks.. Got an unbelievable offer at the Plaza in Tallagh €55 euro with breakfast for 2 inc all in. Very good rate for weekend. I know its a bit out but the luas is right outside the door too. Moran red cow was my second choice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

I was going to recommend the Ashling Hotel but probbaly too dear
    http://www.ashlinghotel.ie/
    or the Sheldon park just beside McDonalds and the luas stop on the Naas Rd and much closer to town then tallaght!
    http://www.sheldonpark.ie/multi/default.asp?itemId=193

• Advertisement
Advertisement