Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What beers can a person with celiac disease drink?

• 12-12-2011 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi,
    My mother recently found out she has celiac disease. Her usuall beverage is Murphys stout being from Cork. She hates all types of cider, she wont drink wine and wont drink spirits. So that basically leaves beer? Is there any type of beer she can drink that you would find in a typical irish country pub, or that the publican can get off the wholesalers for her?

Cheers
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Gluten-free beer is what you're after and there are a few on the market. Five of the most common ones are listed here. I'd say it'd be a special order for a pub or most off licences, however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭JohnnyTodd

Have you tried Harp or Satzenbrau?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 The Proletariat

BeerNut wrote: »
    Gluten-free beer is what you're after and there are a few on the market. Five of the most common ones are listed here. I'd say it'd be a special order for a pub or most off licences, however.

Cheers lad, ya more than likely a special order.
    JohnnyTodd wrote: »

Am no is harp suitable for celiac?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,185 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

JohnnyTodd wrote: »

And don't if you have Celiac disease!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

And don't if you have Celiac disease!

Or taste buds.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I've spotted the GFA and GFL in a couple of offies in the world/craft beer sections. I'm pretty sure I've spotted them in Next Door, and I think an O'Briens, and I think a Tesco as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,799 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Hi OP - Your mother should consult a doctor or other health professional to discuss what she can/cannot drink rather than you rely on advice from strangers on the internet.

tHB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement