Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IPK Shelter System

Options
  • 12-12-2011 3:34pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know if these can be bought in Ireland? It seems silly to pay twice the price when postage from the UK is added in.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

They are a nasty piece of kit and should not be part of anyones arsenal:eek: Unless of course you want to build a protected trench with minimum kit;) Even then its scary as hell in the shelter as tons of earth bulges through the material.

I have seen these for sale in the Army Surplus store in Middleton, I dont know if they deliver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Red Harvest

krissovo wrote: »
    They are a nasty piece of kit and should not be part of anyones arsenal:eek: Unless of course you want to build a protected trench with minimum kit;) Even then its scary as hell in the shelter as tons of earth bulges through the material.

I have seen these for sale in the Army Surplus store in Middleton, I dont know if they deliver.

OP applogies for going off topic but kirssovo whats that place in Middleton like? Someone gave me one of their business cards but as the title read "Army Supplus" I didn't rush down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

OP applogies for going off topic but kirssovo whats that place in Middleton like? Someone gave me one of their business cards but as the title read "Army Supplus" I didn't rush down there.

Its actually a very good resource and Army Supplus is only about 40% of their stock, the store is massive and takes a good while to walk around. The suplus gear is reasonably well priced and very close to UK online prices plus there is lots of it. Certainly plenty of British PLCE and US AlICE kit, also bits and pieces of German, French and Belgium gear.

The rest off the gear they sell is cheap and cheerfull, nothing high end but most of the quality is reasonable. Mostly camping type gear and even some oddities like tools and kids play houses.

Everytime I go in I find something cool, last time was a Swedish issue cooking system for €8 (trangia) plus a couple 58 pattern metal mugs for €3 each.

Advertisement