Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SWTOR: No colour matching on items

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Seems fair to take it out, if a lot of items are palette swapped. Also makes it more desirable to set build.

Will be interesting to see what they change it to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Still quite disappointed they took it out, I get at least some of the reasoning behind the move but honestly as someone who was never really bothered about collecting sets unless they came with distinct and worthwhile set bonuses it's just a bit annoying having to walk around in potentially five or so different coloured/styled pieces of gear.

(Before you say it Raph, yes I know mod gear is an alternative but chest matching at least offered a bit more individuality for players.)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

If Bioware had of just put in an appearance tab like every modern MMO has everyone would of been happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

sounds like color dye's will be implemented!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Venom wrote: »
    If Bioware had of just put in an appearance tab like every modern MMO has everyone would of been happy.

To be honest Venom I think even the appearance tab and dyes have had their days and we should be looking at a system which replaces/improves on it. Chest-matching was a start given you didn't expect players to spend sums of money frequently on achieving a uniform look.

Personally I'd have liked a hybrid of all three systems, dyes to let you change the chestpiece colour, chest-matching to unify the look and an alternative appearance tab to let you change the specific looks of different pieces of gear to one you prefer while maintaining the uniform colour. Modded gear lets you keep the look for longer if you like the set style to begin with, but if you don't then you're snookered completely.

BioWare have developed plenty of decent armour systems in their singleplayer games, and Mythic had both the dye and alternative armour tabs in WAR back in 2010 I just can't understand how between them, and anything they wanted to borrow from WoW there hasn't been a better system readied for launch. (Same as character creation really)

I wish they'd even give us a hint of what we can expect because right now they've taken what was a popular, useful system and give us nothing but more vague promises in return which might prove terribly unpopular in the long run.

• Advertisement
Advertisement