Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boozy restaurants!

Options
  • 12-12-2011 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭

Hiya,

My brother and friends from london are coming this week!looking for somewhere in and around grafton/georges street to go for a nice meal but also somewhere that possibly does cocktails and will have a good atmosphere!

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

pippington wrote: »
    Hiya,

My brother and friends from london are coming this week!looking for somewhere in and around grafton/georges street to go for a nice meal but also somewhere that possibly does cocktails and will have a good atmosphere!

Thanks!

The Porterhouse on Grafton Street is a good spot. Nice food, lots of drink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭petethebrick

• Registered Users Posts: 7,211 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Saba Restaurant, just off Grafton Street.

www.sabadublin.com

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭pippington

Saba is booked out :(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Saba seems to be constantly booked out, no recession on in there.
    SteoL wrote: »
    The Porterhouse on Grafton Street is a good spot. Nice food, lots of drink.
    +1 on this, great food and drink. Or try their spanish cousin The Port House for tapas and large jugs of mojitos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Bull and Castle at Christchurch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

TGI Friday's isn't a bad option

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

Pity you want that area of town specifically because Parnell St/Capel St area has a plethora of Korean/Chinese/Thai places, that have great food, good value, and serve booze, and karaoke!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Pity you want that area of town specifically because Parnell St/Capel St area has a plethora of Korean/Chinese/Thai places, that have great food, good value, and serve booze, and karaoke!

It's a shame they're all horrible little run down dives on one of the least aesthetically pleasing streets in Ireland! I can't believe how so many people wet themselves about that dump of a street.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭LollieB25

http://www.boulevardcafe.ie/

Really nice try and book a later table the place has a great atmosphere :D

• Advertisement

Thoroughly recommend this - www.coppingerrow.com
    also does good cocktails and other drinks, lovely place too and great food, always busy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    It's a shame they're all horrible little run down dives on one of the least aesthetically pleasing streets in Ireland! I can't believe how so many people wet themselves about that dump of a street.

That's not my experience at all. I've had a nice time in at least three of those restaurants, well run, friendly service, good prices. There's so many restaurants in the area I refer to, I've no doubt some are a bit dodge. Also, it's two streets I'm talking about, which one are you referring to as one of the least aesthetically pleasing streets in Ireland?

That's not my experience at all. I've had a nice time in at least three of those restaurants, well run, friendly service, good prices. There's so many restaurants in the area I refer to, I've no doubt some are a bit dodge. Also, it's two streets I'm talking about, which one are you referring to as one of the least aesthetically pleasing streets in Ireland?

The East side of Parnell st, total dive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I keep promising myself a night out in one of those places, I've only heard good things said about them.

And I agree with the other poster, its a pity they're located in a sh*thole part of town.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭A Disgrace

I keep promising myself a night out in one of those places, I've only heard good things said about them.

And I agree with the other poster, its a pity they're located in a sh*thole part of town.

Capel Street is one of the few nearly intact streets left in Dublin. It's a melting pot of historic streetscape, ethnic diversity and old school Dublin. It's full of decent pubs, great resturaunts and a great mix of services and shops. I can't for one minute think why someone would dislike it. It's minutes away from Dame St, on the red line Luas and affordable. Parnell st, I agree, needs work, but leave precious Capel street alone please.

A Disgrace wrote: »
    Capel Street is one of the few nearly intact streets left in Dublin. It's a melting pot of historic streetscape, ethnic diversity and old school Dublin. It's full of decent pubs, great resturaunts and a great mix of services and shops. I can't for one minute think why someone would dislike it. It's minutes away from Dame St, on the red line Luas and affordable. Parnell st, I agree, needs work, but leave precious Capel street alone please.

Capel st is ok yes. Although the only decent pub I can think of is The Boar's head? What great restaurants are on this st too? It's a shame Spar and Centra jizzed all over the street too, but it does have a lot of independent shops alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    Capel st is ok yes. Although the only decent pub I can think of is The Boar's head?

Nealon's and MacNeill's are nice. O'Byrne's at the top of the street was good too although I think it's gone now.

Advertisement