Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Eircom bill query

Options
  • 12-12-2011 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭

I phoned Eircom on 21st Nov (I think) to notify of cancellation and was told fine and given an address to send a cancellation letter to - no mention of any cancellation charge or anything else. My previous bill covered til the 24th Dec.
    Sent a cancellation letter on the 22nd Nov to cancel my line and broadband as I'm moving to UPC.
    I understood there was a 30 day cancellation period - which is fine.
    Phoned Eircom a week later to make sure they had the letter, they confirmed that and the guy I spoke to said since I was moving to UPC there was no cancellation period so could move straight to UPC - which I immediately did .
    Just got a bill now for €127 - there was €28 outstanding which I didn't pay since I thought this would be covered in the credit for the 18 days covered in the that bill that I wouldnt be using.
    But after calling Eircom it seems that because I cancelled that means the calls and broadband package I was on was also cancelled when I phoned up, so all the calls I was making til the time UPC took over have been charged.
    How can this be right???!!!
    When I called Eircom the girl I spoke to said it was in their terms and conditions that the first and last bill of any account is charged as normal and no packages are applied - she also said that part of that particular T&C means if you are a new customer then when you sign up you don't get the package price for the first bill but are charged normal rates for calls etc.

Has anyone cancelled and had this happen?
    Been an Eircom customer for over 20 years, I was never informed of these terms when I moved to the package. When I went on this package it started from the moment I signed up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Bettyboop

yes cancelled Eircom within 5 days after after a rep phoned me up:)They said I would have no broadband if I cancelled,which was ok as I was getting my other provider in a matter of days .6weeeks went by and no broadband new provider said Eircom was was blocking the line Eircom said they weren't etc etc.Received a bill from Eircom for over €300 :eek:for service ! what service? Anyway disputed it for weeks until a Rep on here sorted it all out for me.Received a bill for €95 ignored it had it all sorted as I thought.Letter arrives from Debt collector saying they will be calling to recover goods:rolleyes:I will appear in Stubbs Gazette and my credit will be affected rang debt collector said I had confimation emails from Eircom etc and I owed nothing.I have just sent them copies of the correspondence I had with Eircom and await update.
    I too was with Eircom for over 20 yrs but will never ever go back to them.I was told there was a cooling off period if I changed my mind and was well within it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

fritzelly wrote: »
    I phoned Eircom on 21st Nov (I think) to notify of cancellation and was told fine and given an address to send a cancellation letter to - no mention of any cancellation charge or anything else. My previous bill covered til the 24th Dec.
    Sent a cancellation letter on the 22nd Nov to cancel my line and broadband as I'm moving to UPC.
    I understood there was a 30 day cancellation period - which is fine.
    Phoned Eircom a week later to make sure they had the letter, they confirmed that and the guy I spoke to said since I was moving to UPC there was no cancellation period so could move straight to UPC - which I immediately did .
    Just got a bill now for €127 - there was €28 outstanding which I didn't pay since I thought this would be covered in the credit for the 18 days covered in the that bill that I wouldnt be using.
    But after calling Eircom it seems that because I cancelled that means the calls and broadband package I was on was also cancelled when I phoned up, so all the calls I was making til the time UPC took over have been charged.
    How can this be right???!!!
    When I called Eircom the girl I spoke to said it was in their terms and conditions that the first and last bill of any account is charged as normal and no packages are applied - she also said that part of that particular T&C means if you are a new customer then when you sign up you don't get the package price for the first bill but are charged normal rates for calls etc.

Has anyone cancelled and had this happen?
    Been an Eircom customer for over 20 years, I was never informed of these terms when I moved to the package. When I went on this package it started from the moment I signed up.

Hi fritzelly,

I got your PM thanks and I am looking into this for you, it may take a few days to investigate.

Thanks, Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 papa1

It does not surprise me when having problems with Eircom. Their customer service is a joke, they are not interested in ensuring customers get value for money in my opinion. We had 3 weeks service cost us over 470 euro, for something we did not want. Tried explaining this to them, not interested. Put in a request under the data protection act to clarify position, as we had complained to regulator, they ignored this. Had threatening letter saying we would end up in district court. 20+ years a customer never again would rather stick pins in my eyes.

Advertisement