Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to advertise a Car

• 12-12-2011 4:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭

Hi, I want to sell my car as I am broke, what are the good websites apart from Carzone as I can't afford to pay the 45€ charge. Do people still use buy&sell? Is Donedeal a good place to advertise? I've had it up for a good while but am getting no intrest in it, not even a call:(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

What are you selling? I think Donedeal is the place to go, I cant even remember the last time I got a buy and sell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Donedeal for sure! I think an advert is €3. Buy and sell never used it in my life!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Donedeal (as mentioned), but you will have to price it keenly to attract interest.
    Also, it's worth puting it up on adverts.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,856 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Yes go with Donedeal, if presented and priced well I will be easily sold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

mgbgt1978 wrote: »
    Donedeal (as mentioned), but you will have to price it keenly to attract interest.
    Also, it's worth puting it up on adverts.ie

Agreed, I'd guess that whatever price you have it up for is off the mark, probably why you got no calls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Had it up on Adverts for a while. I wanted to price it a couple of hundred euro over what I want for it so if a buyer wants to haggle the price down, I'll still get the price I want. Is this a good idea?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Yep,Donedeal's the best by far. I recently sold my E46 on it...first to see really did buy! Just price the car competitively,lot's of good quality pics and if it's a good 'un it'll sell fast.

Edit: I'd mine up for €2999...was willing to accept €2500...but managed to get €2700. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 556 ✭✭✭turbodiesel

Had it up on Adverts for a while. I wanted to price it a couple of hundred euro over what I want for it so if a buyer wants to haggle the price down, I'll still get the price I want. Is this a good idea?

If you provide a link to the adverts.ie ad some on here might give you an opinion of your pricing or if there's anything on the ad that needs improving.

Yep post some stats about your car and people can help you price it roughly..

Heres a link to the ad:

http://www.adverts.ie/car/peugeot/206/2002-peugeot-206-for-sale/1046049

I would like to get around 2.5-2.7 for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Adverts
    Gumtree
    Donedeal
    carsireland.ie
    onandgone

Done deal and onandgone charge 3 quid.

I'd put it up at €2950 and go from there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

As mentioned...drop the asking price. Take some better pics,maybe include one with the top down. It's a bad time of year to be selling a cabrio,though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Heres a link to the ad:

http://www.adverts.ie/car/peugeot/206/2002-peugeot-206-for-sale/1046049

I would like to get around 2.5-2.7 for it.
    First off, they're terrible pics. The car is filthy in the first one, and the front isn't even in the shot. The second and fourth show a load of rubbish strewn about the interior, and the third seems to show extensive damage to the bonnet. The last one has what looks like a burnt-out match sitting on the seat! As for the text of the ad, there's no mention of basics like service history or number of owners. Sort all this out, and the car will at least look attractive. Drop your asking to €2950 and see what happens.

Agreed, take new pics, they could be a lot better.

Thanks for the input, will take some pics tomorrow and clean the car out. I have a bit of a habit of treating my car like a second home:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭Bigus

Thanks for the input, will take some pics tomorrow and clean the car out. I have a bit of a habit of treating my car like a second home:o

Yes well the person buying it doesn't want to buy your dirt (no offence)

Don't mention the new back axle in the advert altough I'm sure you mean bushes or other shocks( new back axle = Why)
    Also maybe mention that it can be seen in dublin too as some people think wicklow is worlds away or at least mention where in wicklow it is.
    if it has two keys show a pic

Here's what your up against @1800 ono lower miles nicer colour and i see you put it up on donedeal with the crappy pics
    Full?id=8941562

yeah just put the advert there, I will have to wait to take new piccys as it pissing rain and dark.

I know nobody wants my junk:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭Bigus

yeah just put the advert there, I will have to wait to take new piccys as it pissing rain and dark.

I know nobody wants my junk:)

Understood, but still 1100 euro dearer than the silver one pictured that has lower miles and same year

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Bigus wrote: »
    Understood, but still 1100 euro dearer than the silver one pictured that has lower miles and same year

Yeah, I thought over three grand for what will be a ten year old car soon is a bit dear.
    And any kind of near two liter petrol cars won't be very popular.
    Also, convertibles sell like ice cream at the north pole in winter.
    Tidy up the car (REALLY sparkling), take good pics, advertise in spring and drop the price, you stand a chance then.

• Advertisement

yeah maybe it is a bit too expensive. but when I look on Carzone most of the 02's(which are mostly 1.6) are going from between 3-4k.

Many of the cars for sale on Carzone are being sold by dealers which will have a dealer margin put into the price. Being a private seller get the car looking well, take some good pics, have a detailed ad and put it on donedeal for €2750.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,856 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

You also need to reword the advert, your car is a 206CC not a 206, this will appeal to those seeking the Cabriolet and not a bog standard 206.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

yeah maybe it is a bit too expensive. but when I look on Carzone most of the 02's(which are mostly 1.6) are going from between 3-4k.

I think "going" is probably the wrong word there!

Anyway, you're up against dealers with immaculate looking examples for 2950.

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Peugeot/206/converti/201129203451290/advert?channel=CARS

I'd say you're going to have to price it lower than that being honest. Yours has leather, and a longer NCT(by a few months), but there's damage on the bonnet and it's a private sale. 2500 is what i'd be thinking being honest. And you'd be doing well to get that imo.

Advertisement