Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buy the room and get a severe headache

Options
  • 12-12-2011 4:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I went to the Sligo Cost Plus Sofas store in june and paid for the room deal plus some extras.

I also had to pay 70 euro when it arrived.

On trying to assemble the sofas I
    was told one was broken but they would leave it while a replacement was located.

After a number of phone calls, from a 'manager' with limited english I was told a technician would be comming to look at the damage. A couple of weeks later a guy came in a van and proceeded to rip the back of the sofa open and declared "I can fix this" I explained that I hadn't paid for a broken sofa so I sent him on his way. After a few more phone calls a number of weeks passed when another sofa 'expert' arrived with the replacement part for the broken sofa. On unwrapping the part it was found to be the wrong part so off he went with the promise of more phone calls from the broken english gang.

Meanwhile I came downstairs one morning to turn on the TV to find it had expired during the evening. Sick of the phone calls I went directly to the Sligo store where I was told that they don't supply the TV's another company does. After a lenghty conversation I was given a number to contact so being suspicious at this stage I said I would phone the number there from my mobile. The number was for the people who manufactured the TV and not the suppliers. After a few more phone calls I was told the new TV would be delivered from DID, which it was but it is since giving problems again.

Back to the sofa saga. After numerous phone calls the part for the sofa finally arrived today. Two guys put it together and it still seems shaky as does the other sofa. These things just slot together with a few small clips. Apparently a newer version has bolts. I wonder why.

So after 6 months I'm left with with a far from new sofa and a dodgy TV. Would I recommend this company . I think not.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

put it in consumer issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭POKERKING

If you search cost plus sofa on boards you will see they dont have a good rep, there buy the room get the X is a total scam as is there delivery charge, theres been a few threads over past while on it

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Not a BA, moved to CI

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

As regards the TV; you paid CPS for it. They are obliged to sort it out.

Advertisement