Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Stolen in Celbridge

Options
  • 12-12-2011 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Car stolen in Celbridge, Silver ford focus, 5 dr hatch back 09ke2856. It has roof rack with Thule clamps for a canoeing paddle.

It was stolen while de icing the car in front of my house...I went into the house for 90 seconds and it was taken...be ware while de icing!

Please keep and eye out for it and if you find it, please call the Gardai or drop me a private message throw here!

Thanks

Fotch
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Where is Celbridge was this? I leave the car running every morning while I get water to de-ice the car!

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭aristotle25

I will keep an eye out. Don't know if your insurance will cover this as you left the car unattended with the keys in it?

This is a common way for cars to be stolen, eveyone should be careful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭POKERKING

id heard 3 were taken from Kilcock(estate near the gaa club, cant think of the name, possibly royal meadows) in exact same circumstances. im not sure why people would do this, maybe its because im security conscious but it has always seemed like a ridiculous idea. My neighbour starts his car up and then goes and has his breakfast, hes asking for it to be stolen!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

its a stupid idea imo and only asking for trouble

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

guil wrote: »
    its a stupid idea imo and only asking for trouble

Hindsight is a wonderous thing and you declaring to the OP how stupid it was is pointless because I'm sure the moment it happened he did feel the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Joe Public

I tried to leave the car running once while having breakfast but I couldn't do it as the thoughts of someone nicking it were too much. I wouldn't even leave it open while paying at a filling station, going into a shop or getting a parking slip no matter how close they are.

Advertisement