Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heating advice

• 12-12-2011 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi All,
    Looking for some advice if possible.

I am on a new build and getting solar, oil ch and Back boiler installed.

We are putting in a triple coil 300 l cylinder.

Is it ok to have Back Boiler on this system?
    Is it possible to have this system as a pumped system so that we can use this water for showers and have good pressure in taps?

What is the best way around this?

Thanks for help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

We have the same system with a stove with back boiler, are you having an open fire with back boiler? A stove would be much more efficient..
    A reputable plumber should be able to set your system up to work fine..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Cappry

Hi. I have a 280litre 316 grade stainless steel cylinder.
    It has the large 3rd coil at the bottom for Solar, but I never actually installed Solar.

My original plumber did not install it properly.
    I am having it looked at, and am now told that the tank itself is perfect (5 yrs old - lifespan ~20yrs), but I need to install a larger triple coil of 600litres plus.

So looks like I am going that way...and probably sell the cylinder I have.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

hi pcooney,
    if your working to the 2011 regs that'll be quiet a few solar panels, you may find it worth while to consider a lager tank.. (have your done your BER renewable requirements calc?)

Advertisement