Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pay with laser card for d2d??

Options
  • 12-12-2011 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Does anyone know if you can pay with laser card for direct2drive.co.uk?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Not sure, but they accept paypal. Just set up a pp account and link it to your own bank account as a payee. Should be no hassle transferring funds to it then.

If you want to skip all this kerfuffle, get a 3V card. www.3v.ie.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I find O2 money card cheaper and handier to use than 3v cards. Laser is only really accepted by a handful of irish retailers.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭justified

Have already ordered a 3V card i'm just really impatient to get my game and play :p not sure I could deal with all the transfering stuff, i'm terrible at anything bank or money related! the tracker mortgage woman on the bus may as well be me! :rolleyes:

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I find O2 money card cheaper and handier to use than 3v cards. Laser is only really accepted by a handful of irish retailers.

I presume you can only get that O2 card if you're on O2?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Gamersgate accepts Laser

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

justified wrote: »

Nope! I just suggested the 3v as I have one and found no fault with it. Thought the o2 one was a little temperamental (from all the threads in the o2 forum on it!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

3V is a disaster when it comes to the money left over, and especially since they got rid of the €20 voucher, it's no use to me anymore.

From looking at D2D's site, they use Paypal and Clickandbuy along with the standard credit card options. I don't know if Clickandbuy accept irish laser (Maestro might be limited to UK cards).

Gamersgate accept Irish Laser through Moneybookers if the game is available there.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

chin_grin wrote: »
    Nope! I just suggested the 3v as I have one and found no fault with it. Thought the o2 one was a little temperamental (from all the threads in the o2 forum on it!).

Only problem I had was that PSN doesn't accept it.

Crosáidí wrote: »
    Gamersgate accepts Laser

handy to know thanks!

RolandIRL wrote: »
    3V is a disaster when it comes to the money left over, and especially since they got rid of the €20 voucher, it's no use to me anymore.

From looking at D2D's site, they use Paypal and Clickandbuy along with the standard credit card options. I don't know if Clickandbuy accept irish laser (Maestro might be limited to UK cards).

Gamersgate accept Irish Laser through Moneybookers if the game is available there.

yeah this will be my second 3v card and the switching money over is a joke they charge you 2.50 per lot of cash you transfer if that makes any sense!

Unforch gamersgate doesn't have the game I want I'm on a mac which further complicates this so d2d seems to be my only option really :( (on a macbook air which doesn't have a CD drive! so cant pop to the shops either!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

justified wrote: »

You don't have to be an O2 customer to get it.

http://www.o2online.ie/o2/o2-money/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

Steam also have moneybookers if the game's available on Mac there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Why not just get a visa debit card from Ulster bank/ permanent tsb? AFAIK its free to set up and there are no ridiculous charges for using the card like with 3V or 02 money card.

Advertisement