Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

International League Pass Broadband

• 12-12-2011 5:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Have any of you ever purchased or used this? I really want to get it this year but it doesn't seem to be available yet.

As we are not in USA does that meant there will be no blackouts?

Can you watch the games after they finish so that I won't have to stay up till all hours to see a game?

When will it be available?

I emailed the cust service but no response yet. Thanks for any help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭padraig_f

I got last year, it's excellent. Every game live or on-demand, no blackouts. You can watch all previously screened games (could go back over the full season if I remember), so yeah can watch games the following day. Think it was just over 100 euro for the season + playoffs, excellent value with an average of about 7 games on every night.

Having access to all the games is great because with 10 games on some nights, there's nearly always one or two that go down to the wire, so you're watching one game, and some other game you didn't think you were interested in is tied with a couple of minutes to go, and you flip over to that for the last few minutes.

I'll definitely be getting it again, they usually give the first few days of the season free so you can see what it's like. I filled in a survey at the end of last season about ways to improve it, and asked them to remove the ad-breaks from on-demand games (you can kind of skip them but it's a bit of a pain to do), so hopefully they'll do that. Also asked for the option of alternative commentary sources, some of the home-commentators can be annoying. Tommy Heinsohn for the Celtics is ridiculously biased, a bit like sitting next to a drunken Celtics fan (some others are excellent though, Walt Frazier for the Knicks is brilliant), but my comments were minor, overall I was very happy with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭ClutchIt

Great post Padraig, thanks. Great stuff, I will get it so. Still not available tho!! Can't wait for Celtics vs Knicks on xmas day, and all the other great games that day. (Although I fear this could be an awful season for the Cs)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 DouwevanVeen

Maybe this is a really silly question, but what is the difference between NBA League Pass Broadband and International League Pass Broadband?

I'm from Holland and I want to purchase NBA LP this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭ClutchIt

International League Pass Broadband is for people outside the USA.

NBA League Pass Broadband is for people inside the USA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 DouwevanVeen

ClutchIt wrote: »
    International League Pass Broadband is for people outside the USA.

NBA League Pass Broadband is for people inside the USA.

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Cheers Padraig, great post.

Just over €100 for the season + playoffs is superb value, especially when you consider the NFL pass is double the price without the playoffs included.

As I don't get to stay up late during the week I'm definitely going to purchase this as it would be great to watch Bulls games when I have the time.

One question I have, can you have two people using it at the same time on two different computers in the same house (will have the same IP address) and if so, does it run ok or is it always buffering? The reason I ask is because my brother will probably split the cost if we can use the same account, but he'll want to watch different games to me, sometimes at the same time.

Cheers.

Paully D wrote: »
    One question I have, can you have two people using it at the same time on two different computers in the same house (will have the same IP address) and if so, does it run ok or is it always buffering?
    I can't remember if this worked or not, I didn't really use it. But just looking now, it's free until Jan 9, so you can check it out first:
    https://ilp.nba.com/nbalp/secure/registerform

They have a price up there as well, €150 for the season inc. playoffs.

Bandwidth wise, I think it would be fine. The higest quality stream is 3Mbps and there are lower options (1600kbps is also good quality and I think it goes down to 400kbps), so if you have a 6Mbps broadband connection or something, you'd have the bandwith to watch 2 games in good quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭alb

Thanks for the info on this, considering it myself, pity the pre-season games don't seem to airing on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 gj777

Just over €100 for the season + playoffs is superb value,
    One question I have, can you have two people using it at the same time on two different computers in the same house (will have the same IP address) ...

I see it for €150, where is the €100 option?

Last year I shared my account with a friend but couldn't log in at the same time. I dont think it was an IP restriction, but that the console was accessing the same videos so it logged the first person out every time.

Was great service last year. The only beef I had was that the condensed versions of the games had really poor editing. Some games I ended up watching the free 2min recap highlights on the nba mainpage cos you felt you missed so much from the footage selection in the league pass version!
    The full versions of the games were fantastic though, if you had time to watch that much action! Even for e150 Im still getting it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,262 ✭✭✭ooter

Hasn't worked all day..:(

• Advertisement

Working fine here now, fingers crossed. Worked well for the first 3 and a half quarters of the Knicks game too, but couldn't get on it at all for the Heat game.

Yeah ok here now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭enaeknala1

Watched the heat and the celtics yesterday, quality was good but I dunno will I buy it? Its very expensive!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,020 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

heat and Twolves now for me :)

Can't sleep so waiting for the Bulls V Clippers to start. I'll probably catch the first half before I force myself to sleep.

Should be a good game. Lets Go Bulls!

heat and Twolves now for me :)

That was a great game, just the wrong ending :)
    Can't sleep so waiting for the Bulls V Clippers to start. I'll probably catch the first half before I force myself to sleep.

Should be a good game. Lets Go Bulls!

Not sure I'll make it to the end either. Tough game on a back-to-back. Just occurred to me, the Bulls have a bit of a target on their back this year. Last year they were still a bit of a plucky upstart, now they're Eastern Conference finalists with the MVP. Nice problem to have I guess, but does make things a bit more difficult.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Loving the free trial, lakers v nuggets last night went down to the wire, Bynum was beastly on his season debut, was shocked how bad the kings were against a severely weakened knicks team minus Stoudemire, they were terrible especially defensively, Chandler dropped 22!

This league pass looks savage. Think Im going to have to buy it.

What people think? Ye gonna buy?

No sound for me on the Bulls game, any one else having problems?

Wasnt at the start but working for me now.

Session keeps timing out tho, bit annoying!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 thenaj17

enaeknala1 wrote: »
    Watched the heat and the celtics yesterday, quality was good but I dunno will I buy it? Its very expensive!

Expensive???

It costs £10 per month ESPN to watch only the odd game.

The subscription costs $150 or something to watch any and every game either Live or the next day. The last 3 years, i have watched all xmas day games, 1 after the other. Any interesting playoff games, you can watch any teams.

You can even watch double box with 1 game kinda in the background and swap them when 1 of them goes to a break..

thenaj17 wrote: »
    Expensive???

It costs £10 per month ESPN to watch only the odd game.

The subscription costs $150 or something to watch any and every game either Live or the next day. The last 3 years, i have watched all xmas day games, 1 after the other. Any interesting playoff games, you can watch any teams.

You can even watch double box with 1 game kinda in the background and swap them when 1 of them goes to a break..

Granted its better value than ESPN if your buying basketball only, shur ESPN show premier league soccer and loads of other sports so its not exactly a fair comparison.

Yes I am fully aware its a great service not debating the fact at all but its actually $220 which is €170. Good value? Possibly but it is alot of money. Especially to a college student...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 KavLAD

Just bringing this back up, been watching most of the games on streams but quality can get quite poor and having seen how LP works I think I'd rather watch them at more reasonable hours.

Just have one question before I sign up, do any of the blackouts apply to here? I know the local ones won't but what about the major network ones like if ABC/NBC etc show a game?

Cheers

KavLAD wrote: »
    Just have one question before I sign up, do any of the blackouts apply to here? I know the local ones won't but what about the major network ones like if ABC/NBC etc show a game?

No games are blacked out in Ireland (not even the game in London last year between the Nets and the Craptors). For non-national games, you get the local broadcast, for the nationally televised games, you get the broadcast from ESPN, TNT etc. Only difference really is the commentary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 KavLAD

padraig_f wrote: »
    No games are blacked out in Ireland (not even the game in London last year between the Nets and the Craptors). For non-national games, you get the local broadcast, for the nationally televised games, you get the broadcast from ESPN, TNT etc. Only difference really is the commentary.

Thank for your help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭Da GOAT

Clippers threw the game vs spurs away. gary neal made up for last second errors. great game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

ILP seems down at the moment for me. Anyone else getting this error?
    HTTP Status 404 -

type Status report

description The requested resource () is not available.

Apache Tomcat/6.0.29

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭gammon_steak

Does anyone know if this works on a ps3? It'd be great to watch on a big tv through surround sound without having to hook up laptop.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Da GOAT wrote: »
    Clippers threw the game vs spurs away. gary neal made up for last second errors. great game.

What was Chris Paul doing in the final secs of regulation time???

• Advertisement

Does anyone know if this works on a ps3? It'd be great to watch on a big tv through surround sound without having to hook up laptop.

Thanks

I tried that myself yesterday with no luck.

Did the whole user interface for this change since yesterday? Only signed up yesterday and it looks completely different now.

Did the whole user interface for this change since yesterday? Only signed up yesterday and it looks completely different now.

Yes they've been changing it during the last week. Since they've changed it the quality (at least for me) has dropped off hugely. Games are now stuttering even when I set them to low quality, anyone else experiencing this?

Hopefully it's just teething problems with the new system that will be worked out soon.

I haven't noticed any difference in quality but since my broadband is crap I never had it great anyway. Usually have it on 800kps for live but sometimes get away with 1600kps for the recorded stuff.

Took me a while to find the option to change from full game to condensed on the new layout. It's hard to see some of those options with they grey on black look.

I haven't noticed any difference in quality but since my broadband is crap I never had it great anyway. Usually have it on 800kps for live but sometimes get away with 1600kps for the recorded stuff.

Took me a while to find the option to change from full game to condensed on the new layout. It's hard to see some of those options with they grey on black look.

Was usually ok on 1600kbps for me but now even at 400 it's stuttering constantly. I'll try it on another computer later in case it's an issue with flash on the one I've been using.

alb wrote: »
    Yes they've been changing it during the last week. Since they've changed it the quality (at least for me) has dropped off hugely. Games are now stuttering even when I set them to low quality, anyone else experiencing this?

Hopefully it's just teething problems with the new system that will be worked out soon.

Yeah I was gonna ask about this, I'm getting the same thing. Wasn't sure if it was something to do with my setup, if my media-PC wasn't powerful enough to run the new flash script, or something.

Very annoying, the end of the Bulls game last night was very choppy. Not sure if it gets worse at the end of games, or if that was a coincidence.

For the first few days they had a link to use the old system, which I was doing, but that seems to be gone now.

• Advertisement

I thought it was my computer too, but it if definitely more choppy to watch videos now. Maybe we should put a post in the feedback section.

padraig_f wrote: »
    Yeah I was gonna ask about this, I'm getting the same thing. Wasn't sure if it was something to do with my setup, if my media-PC wasn't powerful enough to run the new flash script, or something.

Very annoying, the end of the Bulls game last night was very choppy. Not sure if it gets worse at the end of games, or if that was a coincidence.

For the first few days they had a link to use the old system, which I was doing, but that seems to be gone now.

I tried it on a recently bought laptop and it plays fine, so it looks like it is due to the fact that the new version is more demanding on hardware. I eventually found some kind of official feedback forum for NBA TV and there are a lot of very angry people there experiencing the problem. Someone suggested that the overlayed menu on the new version prevents computers from using inbuilt hardware acceleration for the video decoding - this sounds like a very likely cause to me. What a mess, I hope they can fix it, but I think it's unlikely.

Mine was very choppy as well last night. Just checked it out on my computer in work which is fairly new and playback was very smooth. They better sort this out!

Just submitted a ticket there. Doubt it will do much good though.

Wow, just saw that forum. There's a lot of angry people so it's a worldwide problem. They will surely fix it.

They've made the old version temporarily available until they fix the problem:
    To: NBA.TV Customers
    Date: March 6, 2012
    Subj: New NBA.TV Streaming Issues

Since the Feb. 24 launch of the new NBA.TV, we've been monitoring help.nba.tv, our new community forum, and email support inquiries regarding customer suggestions and issues associated with the updated NBA.TV video player.

We acknowledge that the new format (larger display, enhanced features, etc) has resulted in a lower quality stream for some customers. We are actively working to address these quality issues and updates to the new NBA.TV are currently being developed and tested. In the meantime, we'll be presenting an option to access the previous version of NBA.TV for those negatively impacted by the transition, you can access that solution at http://ilp2.nba.com. This option is not permanent, but will remain until such time we have worked through the aforementioned concerns with NBA.TV customers.

We appreciate your patience -- and continued feedback -- as we work hard to ensure all customers have the NBA.TV experience they expect and deserve.

Best Regards,

The NBA.TV Team

Just came on to post about the link to the older version, but Padraig beat me to it. I'm just glad it's back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Anybody using Apple tv for watching their league pass?

Anyone else think the editing for "condensed" games beyond a joke at times?

All the build up play and then when the ball is in the air for a shot it cuts to another play etc and complete madness like that. I was trying to watch the Bulls v Knicks game last night as I hadn't time to watch it all but the editing was so bad it drove me insane. I just went to 4th quarter and watched that on full game.

Recently I was watching a condensed game and it just ended after the 3rd quarter :D

And another time I watched a Bulls game where D. Rose had like 30 points and 8 assists and I don't think the highlights showed him make one shot. I'd swear it's worse for the Bulls games as other condensed games never seem as bad.

Advertisement