Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mounting a tv

• 12-12-2011 5:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I intend to mount a 32" 14kg tv to my wall, however I'm not sure if the wall will be strong enough to support the weight as it sounds hollow because its the wall between my room and bathroom. Does anybody know if i can mount this and if so, any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 trevfitz

you could find a stud in the wall and screw the tv bracket to that, if the tv bracket is big I would get a thick piece of board to go between two studs and attach the tv bracket to that. I wouldnt screw the bracket just into the plasterboard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 439 ✭✭North West

Hi Ryates
    Sounds like you have a stud wall there. If you have you will have to find the centres of the timber behind the slab. (Usually 400mm or old 16" ) When you find them you could screw a 75mm x 22mm batten to studs. Then you can put up telly. The timber will then be hidden by the telly

NW

Advertisement