Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best ribs in Dublin?

Options
  • 12-12-2011 5:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭

Hey folks!

So we have had the chicken wing and kebab threads, so I figured why not one on the less popular but delicious ribs? Where's the best place to get ribs in town? I've got a serious hankering for them lately!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

I've no idea. But I'd love to get my hands on some too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

I haven't been there in a while but foleys used to do some great ribs at lunch time: http://www.foleysbar.com/

They also have them on their non lunch menu I think

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Elephant and Castle. They're often overlooked due to the wings, but the ribs and their sauce is just fantastic. You will literally end up licking the plate.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Slydice wrote: »
    I haven't been there in a while but foleys used to do some great ribs at lunch time: http://www.foleysbar.com/

They also have them on their non lunch menu I think

Overpriced dump.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭themandan6611

Degsy wrote: »
    Overpriced dump.

insightful post, well done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

insightful post, well done

He managed to capture quite a bit in just two words in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Hmm ill be following this thread, its hard to find nice ribs in Dublin from my experiences, Browns Steakhouse in Blanchardstown do nice ribs but not plate licking good.

Now Amsterdam The Three Sisters is the place to go amazing aint the word :).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

olaola wrote: »
    Elephant and Castle. They're often overlooked due to the wings, but the ribs and their sauce is just fantastic. You will literally end up licking the plate.

Gotta agree here. I used to work there and they have a great recipe for the spice blend with loads of time given over to letting them cook.

Advertisement