Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

P12 Primera Airbag Problem

• 12-12-2011 5:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 188 ✭✭

Hi All

I drive a 05 Primera and my drivers airbag needs replacing. This is the second time I have had an airbag problem notification come up on my display unit. The first time my mechanic figured out that it was a problem with the wiring under my seat being snagged, and was able to fix that without any problem - that was a year ago.

This time my mechanic says it's a problem with the airbag itself and it needs replacing. He can't do it so I'm on here looking for a recommendation on where to go, preferably in Dublin. I'd prefer to avoid assuming the position to get shafted by a main dealer if possible. But having said that I also don't want to cut corners on safety.

Any ideas?

Austin

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 188 ✭✭Austin1

Anyone???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Is the airbag light continuesly flashing?

If so try this, I done it for a friend a while back.
    There is a procedure on the Nissan you can use to reset the light - and it is as follows :

a) Switch OFF the radio & Ignition
    (b) Turn Ignition ON (Position II)
    (c) The airbag warning light will stay on for 7 seconds and then switch off – as soon as it does
    turn OFF the ignition (within 1 second of the light switching off)
    (d) Wait at least 5 seconds
    (e) Repeat steps (a) to (c) two more times – this is important to make sure it registers with
    different modules in the car
    (f) Turn ON ignition, wait 2 seconds
    (g) Switch OFF Ignition (Position 0) and wait 1 second
    (h) Switch ignition back ON.
    (i) Airbag light will remain off so long as there are no other faults otherwise it will come on again - and then you should have it diagnosed properly to ensure the system works .

Id advise this as only a temp solution because it could be something serious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 188 ✭✭Austin1

Dancor wrote: »
    Is the airbag light continuesly flashing?

If so try this, I done it for a friend a while back.

Id advise this as only a temp solution because it could be something serious.

Cheers, Dancor - I'll try that in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 pattyduffy

Thank you I will try that..

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MICHAELGMALONE

I have tried this and it works beautifully. thank you very much. I had changed the driver seat and the light came on and would not reset, thught I had a dodgy "new" seat, but ok nw. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Please don't dig up any more threads on this :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement