Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The new trafic mess on the Quay.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

Chiparus wrote: »
    the merge is probably only temporary, according to the plans there will be only one lane from the bridge.

Temporary? Like the "roadworks"?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Yes, temporary. What is it with people here? Complain that things need to be improved. Complain when it's being improved, declaring it a complete disaster before it's even done. Complain. Complain. Complain. Maybe the city's gone to pot because people are sick of listening to nothing but complaints.

Kahless wrote: »
    Yes, temporary. What is it with people here? Complain that things need to be improved. Complain when it's being improved, declaring it a complete disaster before it's even done. Complain. Complain. Complain. Maybe the city's gone to pot because people are sick of listening to nothing but complaints.

Ever thought the complainants might be right? Works going on for two years. A roundabout that is unashamedly dangerous. A promise that it would be "finished" by November. The list is endless.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 deiseabu

1118 posts 7upfree of which about 1100 are whinges...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

It's yet another example of the incompetence of the city council's traffic planning. I look forward to the law suit which will surely follow the first accident that occurs here because of this.

Why would there be a law suit?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I look forward to the law suit which will surely follow the first accident that occurs here because of this.

Won't be a law suit,
    It'll be an insurance claim between two drivers, in such a situation one of them clearly would be driving without due care and attention.

Your argument is nonsense and is paramount to those that complain that going left only in the left lane is wrong on a roundabout and if you crash by going straight on its somebody elses fault.

People should never assume a road layout, they should instead pay attention to lines on the road, signage and other traffic on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭iseegirls

deiseabu wrote: »

548 messages into this, and still traffic is spelled incorrectly in the subject :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

iseegirls wrote: »
    548 messages into this, and still traffic is spelled incorrectly in the subject :rolleyes:

Maybe it was intended as a complaint about a Renault Trafic on the quay that got misunderstood....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

Ledger wrote: »
    Maybe it was intended as a complaint about a Renault Trafic on the quay that got misunderstood....

Better write that one down

deiseabu wrote: »

Must have taken you ages……...:roll eyes: Don't give up the day job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 tommyp2013

Kahless wrote: »

Have to agree with Kahless. Moved to Waterford in the last year and never encountered such a pack of complainers before in my life. I love Waterford city and county - it has so much to offer but all I ever hear from Waterford people is moaning... I for one can see the councils vision with quays and the Viking Triangle. Think it'll look great when its finished...as the expression goes - you can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs. It is painfully slow but have some patience... and positivity for once!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭Chiparus

tommyp2013 wrote: »
    Have to agree with Kahless. Moved to Waterford in the last year and never encountered such a pack of complainers before in my life. I love Waterford city and county - it has so much to offer but all I ever hear from Waterford people is moaning... I for one can see the councils vision with quays and the Viking Triangle. Think it'll look great when its finished...as the expression goes - you can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs. It is painfully slow but have some patience... and positivity for once!!!!

Get used to it , this time last year this site was full of posters bemoaning the proposed "Winterval" festival.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

7upfree wrote: »
    Must have taken you ages……...:roll eyes: Don't give up the day job.

You've used that line a few times now, time for a new witty retort!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

This is not the complaints department of WCC . - It is a public discussion forum/thread to talk about an important issue titled '' traffic mess on the quay ''

Other posters are entitled to call it by any other name they see fit .

But its not a place for one poster to attack another poster .

Every poster is entitled to an opinion , and its welcome to see posters attack a post , which is what makes Boards so popular .

This is not the complaints department of WCC . - It is a public discussion forum/thread to talk about an important issue titled '' traffic mess on the quay ''

Other posters are entitled to call it by any other name they see fit .

But its not a place for one poster to attack another poster .

Every poster is entitled to an opinion , and its welcome to see posters attack a post , which is what makes Boards so popular .

I agree with your post 90 per cent of the way but sometimes you just feel the need to smack a whinger up the side of the face

wellboytoo wrote: »
    You've used that line a few times now, time for a new witty retort!

Possibly. But I think allthedoyles covered it admirably.:)

I agree with your post 90 per cent of the way but sometimes you just feel the need to smack a whinger up the side of the face

Hmmm. So people who disagree with you are whingers? Another keyboard warrior then?:confused:

I've often said this before. When people from other counties complain then it's just that - a rightful complaint. When we do it it's called whinging. When you look at the absolute mess that has been made of the Quays and the City Centre - and which will not be finished before Winterval - then I think people are absolutely right to complain about it.

Regardless of the City Council fanboys on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 tommyp2013

I've often said this before. When people from other counties complain then it's just that - a rightful complaint. When we do it it's called whinging. When you look at the absolute mess that has been made of the Quays and the City Centre - and which will not be finished before Winterval - then I think people are absolutely right to complain about it.

Regardless of the City Council fanboys on here.

I agree. I'm not saying that you don't have a right to complain. It is a joke that it's taken so long to complete the works, however, my point is that there tends to be a lot more negativity about Waterford, most often expressed by people from Waterford. Would just be good to actually hear people appreciate whats good about the city!!! A balanced view would be a change. As an outsider, its tiring to constantly hear the negative!

Hardly a fanboy here... just think its good that council are trying to do something to clean the city up and make a better use of the quay. God forbid - positivity!!!!

To be fair 7up- you do winge an awful lot, the problem for Waterford was that many people who wanted to shop in the city center have to cross a dual carriage way to access the shops. Slowing down the traffic will improve flow and will make it safer. It will make it less attractive for HGVs to drive through the center of the city.

And hopefully the terrible injuries and deaths I have seen with my own eyes over the years will be a thing of the past.

• Advertisement

Hmmm. So people who disagree with you are whingers? Another keyboard warrior then?:confused:

No not at all it just gets boring and a little annoying the constant negativity, but even more so the way these things go on and on and on and on and on .
    I have learned to ignore it and not get uptight about it but it still irritates betimes.
    As regards the Quay it Will be grand......eventualy room for everyone.
    Everyone is entitled to an opinion so long as its mine!

No not at all it just gets boring and a little annoying the constant negativity, but even more so the way these things go on and on and on and on and on .
    I have learned to ignore it and not get uptight about it but it still irritates betimes.
    As regards the Quay it Will be grand......eventualy room for everyone.
    Everyone is entitled to an opinion so long as its mine!

:) We'll have to agree to differ then. In my opinion (and that of many others) it is a complete farce really.

I agree. I'm not saying that you don't have a right to complain. It is a joke that it's taken so long to complete the works, however, my point is that there tends to be a lot more negativity about Waterford, most often expressed by people from Waterford. Would just be good to actually hear people appreciate whats good about the city!!! A balanced view would be a change. As an outsider, its tiring to constantly hear the negative!

Hardly a fanboy here... just think its good that council are trying to do something to clean the city up and make a better use of the quay. God forbid - positivity!!!!

As I said above it is a farce. There's no doubting it.

Chiparus wrote: »
    To be fair 7up- you do winge an awful lot, the problem for Waterford was that many people who wanted to shop in the city center have to cross a dual carriage way to access the shops. Slowing down the traffic will improve flow and will make it safer. It will make it less attractive for HGVs to drive through the center of the city.

And hopefully the terrible injuries and deaths I have seen with my own eyes over the years will be a thing of the past.

Personally I think I raise many valid points - many of which are supported by many people who do not post on message boards. This has nothing to do with slowing down traffic. I think we can all agree on that. It has everything to do with forcing traffic onto the bypass. Which is horrifically expensive to use on a daily basis.

The whole "oh it's privately owned" doesn't really wash TBH. I think the Quay will be a far more dangerous place - especially for motorists - when this is finished. I sincerely hope i am wrong.

:) We'll have to agree to differ then. In my opinion (and that of many others) it is a complete farce really.

For the uncountable time I agree with you everyone on boreds.ie sic agrees with you it is a total fcuk up logistically time wise everything but it will be lovely when its finished.

Personally I think I raise many valid points - many of which are supported by many people who do not post on message boards. This has nothing to do with slowing down traffic. I think we can all agree on that. It has everything to do with forcing traffic onto the bypass. Which is horrifically expensive to use on a daily basis.

The whole "oh it's privately owned" doesn't really wash TBH. I think the Quay will be a far more dangerous place - especially for motorists - when this is finished. I sincerely hope i am wrong.

I have no doubt you "personally" think you raise valid points- :rolleyes::rolleyes::roll eyes:

I am not sure how you think a single lane quay will be more dangerous than the dual carriage way it was previously

No you're being kind to yourself the object is to make the Quays more pedestrian friendly more aesthetically pleasing, free flowing and a nicer place to live, thst does not divide us from our biggest asset the Suir.
    A side affect of this may drive through traffic onto the bypass which is too expensive cest la vie.
    You make good points but get locked into your Oliver Stone conspiracy theory and leave logic behind.
    If the council just want to do what you allege.Fill a couple of hundred fcuking tar barrels full of concrete down the middle of the Quays and make it the largest chicane in the world.
    Your theory is crazily expensive subterfuge.

Fill a couple of hundred fcuking tar barrels full of concrete down the middle of the Quays and make it the largest chicane in the world.

Which is precisely what they're doing.:) Except they're laying the biggest footpath ever down the middle of the Quay.

Which is precisely what they're doing.:) Except they're laying the biggest footpath ever down the middle of the Quay.

You are now being juvenile I made a valid observation on your theory that it is way too expensive to be subterfuge, but you choose to ignore and not refute it.

You are saying the elected council and staff of the City of Waterford are purposefully and illegally spending state and European money in an elaborate charade to financially support a private company to the detritement of its Citizens.
    Now be a big boy and put up or shut up argue your point no glib answers or back off and let it die.

• Advertisement

You are now being juvenile I made a valid observation on your theory that it is way too expensive to be subterfuge, but you choose to ignore and not refute it.

You are saying the elected council and staff of the City of Waterford are purposefully and illegally spending state and European money in an elaborate charade to financially support a private company to the detritement of its Citizens.
    Now be a big boy and put up or shut up argue your point no glib answers or back off and let it die.

Back off? And you call ME a juvenile??:D You really don't like having things pointed out to you - do you?

Advertisement