Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mod Abusing Powers

• 12-12-2011 5:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭

Banned again from banking by the mod Buffybot who i feel abusing there powers arising of possible personal views of there own.

I started a genuine thread seeking the OPINIONS of others not legal advice asked a genuine question and instant ban. No rule of the forum has been broken but thrumped up reasons of no substance.

I feel victimized and that this mod is infringing my rights

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

First off, have you contacted Buffybot and asked for clarification of your ban? I see from the ban note that a fairly comprehensive reason was given in the first place, so why is this not satisfactory to you?
    PureClaas wrote: »
    I feel victimized and that this mod is infringing my rights

Lets just nip this in the bud right here; you have no "rights" to be infringed, so stick to the facts of the situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭PureClaas

jor el wrote: »
    First off, have you contacted Buffybot and asked for clarification of your ban? I see from the ban note that a fairly comprehensive reason was given in the first place, so why is this not satisfactory to you?

Lets just nip this in the bud right here; you have no "rights" to be infringed, so stick to the facts of the situation.

LOL. Ok Lets talk facts then.

You are telling me i have NO rights. Who do you think you are can i ask you??????????? Hitler reincarnation????

For the record what you call comprehensive reason i call a complete farse.

The reason i was givin was for seaking legal advice. Since when is asking the OPINIONS of others seeking legal advice. Please clarify.
    Second reason was reopening a thread perviously closed. Also another farse. I went about seeking the opinions of others in the correct mannor in the correct forum but as far as i am concerned the mod in question has let there personal view cloud there judgement when i thought a mods position was to remain neutral in a forum and uphold the rules.

So for you my friend to state that i have no rights is a total disgrace and you should be both ashamed of yourself for such a dictators view and action should be taking against YOU

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,326 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

If you would kindly clarify what rights you believe have been infringed instead of attacking jor el you might actually get somewhere with this appeal.

Zaph wrote: »
    If you would kindly clarify what rights you believe have been infringed instead of attacking jor el you might actually get somewhere with this appeal.

I have the right to appeal for one Zaph, i have the right to post my topic provided i adhere to the rules which i have done. There just to name a few. But this is going off topic.

I was banned for no genuine reason what so ever and i accuse Buffy Bot abusing mod powers in attempt to control a genuine topic due to His/Her personal views or opinions and not acting on behalf of the forum rules.

Again i stress that seeking others opinions is NOT seeking legal advice and as such nobody is liable for advice giving because after all advice on a forum can only be taking as hearsay at best so i fail to understand how this can be taking as legal advice.

As for this appeal going anywhere i will be shocked to see a mod getting punished from acting incorrectly. But i do live in hope all the same.

I feel very victimized over this matter and unfairly treated.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,326 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I have the right to appeal for one Zaph,

Nobody is denying you that right, as this thread proves.
    i have the right to post my topic provided i adhere to the rules which i have done

Actually no, you don't. Boards is a private website, and as such there is no inherent right to free speech.

I'm not going to get involved in this any further as jor el is still technically dealing with this issue, as per the Dispute resolution Procedure. I would, however, suggest that you moderate your tone as shouting the odds and hurling abuse lends little to your argument and merely serves to make people disinclined to seek an amicable solution to the issue.

• Advertisement

I have the right to appeal for one Zaph, i have the right to post my topic provided i adhere to the rules which i have done. There just to name a few. But this is going off topic.

Actually, you don't have any of those rights, bar perhaps the right to appeal. And since you are appealing the ban, you cannot claim that this right was in any way revoked or infringed. In fact, none of us have any different "rights" on this site. We are all afforded the privilege of posting here by the owners of the site. Boards.ie is a privately run website, and no one has a right to do anything on it. This is why I said lets nip that one in the bud straight away. Your posting privileges were revoked because it was deemed that you broke the rules, so lets review that on it's own merit and not go on about rights that don't exist.
    I was banned for no genuine reason what so ever and i accuse Buffy Bot abusing mod powers in attempt to control a genuine topic due to His/Her personal views or opinions and not acting on behalf of the forum rules.

You have three bans from the Banking Insurance & Pensions forum, reasons being;
    1. Re-starting a closed topic.
    2. Dragging a thread off topic following a mod warning.
    3. As this is your second ban in a short space of time (and the thread topic indicates to me that your sole intention was to restart the debate that got you banned the last time).

The closing of a thread is not a DRP issue, only the ban will be appealed here. If you wish to appeal the closing of a thread then do so by PM to all the forum mods or Cmods, or start a thread in Helpdesk and get an admin to clarify the moderation position.

So lets deal with the three bans one at a time. Your earliest post in the forum was in a Mortgage arrears thread, where you and a few other posters dragged the thread off that topic, and you in particular started handing out quasi-legal advice on the matter. This thread was closed, and your (and others) posts removed. You then immediately re-posted the same quasi-legal advice in another thread that you just started. This earned you a deserved 1 week ban. What was the quasi-legal advice? There is NO contract, in reference to people's mortgage. You are not in a position to make that statement, and it is most definitely a legal statement. The 7 day ban was deserved here.

Your second ban was for once again dragging a thread off the topic at hand, and into the territory of making legal statements, which descended into a war of words and abuse with another poster. Again a 7 day ban would not be undeserved.

The third ban results from you once again posting the same question regarding mortgages and contracts, making quasi-legal statements about their validity, and lets not forget that this is the exact same thing that has already been locked and deleted twice, and gotten you banned once, so you can't claim you didn't know it was not allowed.

The correct action for you was to PM the forum mods to clarify why this topic is not allowed, and if not satisfied then take it to the Helpdesk. Ignoring all the rules, and re-starting closed and/or deleted topic without this clarification resulted in your 1 month ban. Again, completely deserved in my opinion.

All three of the reasons given above are genuine reasons, for the reasons I have stated there. None of this is abuse of power, as the mod felt that you were breaking the rules, and he enforced them in the same way as he would with any poster. I don't see this as an attempt to control the subject, except that it is stopping a potentially dodgy, and legally very dangerous subject, from continuing.

This is technically where my decision on your appeal ends, and what follows below is merely in response to the points you raise on this thread. They do not really relate to the ban and appeal, except in that you've raised them out of the ban. I have included them for complete clarity on the situation.
    Again i stress that seeking others opinions is NOT seeking legal advice and as such nobody is liable for advice giving because after all advice on a forum can only be taking as hearsay at best so i fail to understand how this can be taking as legal advice.

Your interpretation of the law is of no concern or relevance, because it is Boards.ie Ltd that are legally liable for any and all opinions being expressed. One of the roles of moderators is to see that any potential threat to this site (and it's owners) is stopped. The thread that got you banned is here.
    PureClaas wrote:
    Can i challenge the validity of my mortgage because i suspect no contract exists?

Also how could i get the bank to prove a contract exists?

There is no way to interpret this question other than you seeking people's legal advice on a contract. It's as simple as that. The only answer to this is to seek legal advice from a solicitor.

In itself, seeking legal advice would not get you banned from a forum, but you were already banned for giving out your legal advice on another thread here, where you said
    PureClaas wrote:
    The only Law it falls under is contract law and there is no contract so honestly it is gona be a case of who can prove what.
    But you are not in a position to decree that someone elses contract is null and void, and giving such information here puts Boards.ie in a potential legal quandary. So it was your flagrant disregard for the rules that got you banned this time.
    As for this appeal going anywhere i will be shocked to see a mod getting punished from acting incorrectly. But i do live in hope all the same.

All in all, I don't see any incorrect action by the mod. I have reviewed all of your posts in the Banking Insurance & Pensions forum, and far too many of them are going down the road of giving legal advice, and what could very well be incorrect legal advice at that. As such, I would advice you to stop posting in such a manner on that forum (and any other forum here), or your privileges will be revoked permanently.
    I feel very victimized over this matter and unfairly treated.

Again, this is completely off the topic, and completely untrue. You were treated the same as anyone else that has been deemed to have broken the rules. I reject all of your claims of victimisation, unfair treatment and rights infringement.

I think I have been as concise and accurate as I can possibly be here. I am satisfied that the ban(s) are or were deserved in each case. If you are not happy with the explanation as I've outlined, then you may ask for this to be referred to an admin for a final decision.

Edit:
    I have just now seen Zaph's reply above, since it has taken me some time to prepare this response. I see it echoes somewhat in my own answers to the points you've raised, and I hand this thread over to him or another admin now, unless PureClaas is willing to accept the ban.

The last ban i recieved was and is a load of cods wollop end of story.

For you to even suggest that boards can be liable for people voicing there opinions
    is totally laughable and would never in a million years stand up in court. Dont forget hearsay means nothing.

So again you have no arguement and no arguement defending the ruling.

Ya can lock this thread now cause i didn't expect anything less than this muck talk with thrumped up crap taking out of context.

Typical

THE END

For you to even suggest that boards can be liable for people voicing there opinions
    is totally laughable and would never in a million years stand up in court. Dont forget hearsay means nothing.

Just because you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, doesn't mean you're automatically right and everyone else wrong. This is exactly the situation, and it would most certainly stand up in court. The publisher is liable for any and all comments, and in this case Boards.ie is the publisher.
    So again you have no arguement and no arguement defending the ruling.

Did you actually read my post above. There is a detailed explanation of the entire situation regarding your 3 forum bans. You are the one that has failed to come up with any argument (either compelling or not) as to why the ban is not justified.

You clearly have no comprehension of what you're posting anywhere on this board, so I'm done too. Continue with the same type of posts on the Banking forum when your ban expires, and I'll make sure the next one is permanent.

jor el wrote: »
    Just because you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, doesn't mean you're automatically right and everyone else wrong. This is exactly the situation, and it would most certainly stand up in court. The publisher is liable for any and all comments, and in this case Boards.ie is the publisher.

Did you actually read my post above. There is a detailed explanation of the entire situation regarding your 3 forum bans. You are the one that has failed to come up with any argument (either compelling or not) as to why the ban is not justified.

You clearly have no comprehension of what you're posting anywhere on this board, so I'm done too. Continue with the same type of posts on the Banking forum when your ban expires, and I'll make sure the next one is permanent.

Whatever you say oh great one

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Whatever you say oh great one

I see no reason why anyone should waste their time dealing with your complaint when you cannot behave in a civil manner.

Buffybot is one of the most respected members of this site and if he banned you, then you clearly deserved it.

jor el has taken the time to explain to you the reason for your ban and it stands.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement